Saint Vanity

IX

The Ride to our first stop was a questioningly long one. Todd was silent almost the whole way unless it was to talk about his collage girl. Which was now starting to sound like a pain in the ass then a pleasure ride.

Kennedy was looking restless even though she was in charge of the music when ever a CD was up. Disturbed was finally over and She looked more Pissed then she had when Atreyu was on. She took out the CD and snapped it over her knee. She gingerly set it down by Todd who was driving without any thoughts of looking behind him.

"Any requests from the peanut gallery?" She took out a case with about 100 Cd's inside all the stuff that made you wanna slit someones throat. I liked to call it 'ad at Your Dad' stuff only because it does make your mind question how good the childhood's of these rock bands got going. You can only wonder how far inspiration goes.

I looked through the case. Nothing to blood curdling. I wanted to stop thinking murderously if only for a half hour. I pulled out some 'Smile empty soul' stuff. I thought they captured emotion perfectly. Now take it that this was probably one of Kennedy's least favorites she usually kept it in there for me. But after she saw me pick up the CD. Quickly mentioned:

"Oh and No shit records that last one put me off." She took the CD from my hands. I had to hold my breath because for a second I thought she was gonna break it like the other one but she just put it back inside. I randomly grabbed one. Murder Dolls, Well it was better then some of the stuff she had in there. I popped the CD into the player. And listed to Die My Bride.

The silence was almost unbearable Joy resulted to sleep while the rest of us stared into the night so long you think our eyes might have grown night vision or somthing. It had been a straight hour of Silence. No one picked a new CD. It was just the silence. I was pretty sure we had no intentions of going anywhere special. Actually If we had a plan I would have been severely surprised. I looked at my Black sharpie on my nails and frowned inside my mind. They looked only black around the edge of the nail. I wish I had brought my sharpie then I could recolor them and it would take up some of this awkward silence.

"Hey Sid, do you....ya know, Like that Silvia chick?" Todd had almost whispered it but the words clung to my ears like a dirty insult.
Todd looked through his rear view mirror at me. His eyes looked a little bit concerned.

I shrugged. "I don't think shes that hot, she's not my type." I looked at my black bangs which were covering my eyes. I felt like being used was not on my to do list and Silva would probably seduce me and i would be just another bad fuck. "I like more of the virgin chicks ya know."

Todd giggled his strange laugh. "Oh man I know exactly what ya mean. That chick probably fucked all of NJ by now."

Correction: Every one in NJ that wasn't Todd and myself. because thats what life has done to us.