Perfection With Some Flaws

Cyber Stalking Isn't That Bad

After Panic’s set, I was too cold to watch Interpol. I decided to run back to the warmth of the bus, besides, I’d seen them millions of times before, so I wasn’t missing anything. Right now, I just needed to relax, get some hot chocolate and stop freaking out over a guy I barely knew. I walked back to the bus, my thoughts wandering to why Jon had been upset at the picture. Did he not like pictures to be taken of him? Was he Native American and believed that I had just taken a piece of his soul? In my confused state of mind, I whipped up some hot cocoa and turned to my only resource: the Internet.

I went to Google and typed in Panic at the Disco. 9,260,000 results greeted me. I clicked the first few results, their website, their Myspace, Youtube videos, even a fan website or two, before settling on Wikipedia. I felt like a stalker as I read about him being from Chicago and having been a guitar tech for another band I’d never heard of before joining Panic. I also learned his favorite food was Mexican food.

“Maybe we should all meet up for burritos.”

I jumped slightly as Carlos’ voice interrupted the silence that hung in the air. He grinned widely at me, his hand still clutching the curtain that separated my bunk from the world. I smiled at him and tried to cover up the screen.

“You guys are done? Where did the time go?” I replied nonchalantly.

Carlos took a look at the dimly lit screen in front of me and grinned even wider. “Daniel told me about the guy.”

“What the hell? DANIEL ALEXANDER KESSLER! Get over here now!” I threw my laptop to the foot of my bunk, my empty mug into Carlos’ hands and stomped into the living area, Daniel’s confused face meeting at my angry one.

“You told Carlos!” I pointed at him accusingly. His face shifted into ultra confusion mode.

“I didn’t tell Carlos anything.”

“Jonathan Jacob Walker, born September 17, 1985 in Chicago, is the bassist for the Las Vegas based rock band Panic at the Disco, replacing former bass player Brent Wilson…” Carlos trailed off, looking up at me from my laptop that he was carrying. I stared back at him. “Stalker much, Raq?” He raised an eyebrow, handing me my laptop. I glared at him and grabbed my laptop from his hands, closing and setting it on the counter. All four boys had their attention on me.

“What?” I asked, looking at all of them they shrugged and looked away, occasional glances shared between them. I pursed my lips together tightly, letting out a huge sigh a bit after.

“Yes, I am totally crushing on another musician. Shoot me now, lock me up, whatever,” I held out my wrists as if I expected them to handcuff me. The four boys looked at each other and grinned.

“I told you she wouldn’t be able to keep it up for long,” Paul broke the awkward silence that followed, grabbing his beer and plopping onto the couch. I stared at him.

“What is that supposed to mean?” I asked him, crossing my arms. Sam and Daniel promptly started for the back, mumbling excuses and dragging the ever interested Carlos with them. Paul took a sip of his drink and looked up at me, a smile playing at his lips.

“You spend way too much time with us. Admit it, you’ve gotten used to the whole touring lifestyle, the nomadic sense of it, and you freak out at the thought of not being able to maintain it. That’s why you keeping falling back into the arms of some random guy in a band you meet without a second thought.”

“Didn’t you major in English? I could have sworn I was the one who majored in Psychology.”

Paul got up and ruffled my hair, getting a glare in return from me. “Maybe you should actually use what you learn and apply it to your own life then. Don’t go running after some guy simply because you got so used to this. If you really do like him this time, and it’s not just because he’s in a band, then go for it.”

I fixed my hair and looked Paul in the eyes, sticking my tongue out at him. “I liked him before I even knew he was in a band, so there!”

“Are you sure you’re a graduate student?” Paul questioned, already walking away from me. I rolled my eyes and nodded.

He shrugged, “It’s just too bad you don‘t act like a 23 year-old.”

“You’re just saying that because I don’t like to cook for you!” I retorted, even though it had no relevance to the conversation, walking to the back to fall asleep.