Don't Stop If I Fall

The Kill,

“James! Put that away!” I demanded, scared out of my mind. He pointed the blade a Gerard. Quickly, Gerard reacted and pulled me and him back. I tripped backwards, and fell to the ground. Gerard also tripped at landed on the floor.

“No!” Gerard exclaimed. James leaned closer to the two of us, the knife mocking us in his hand. As soon as I thought he was going to stab Gerard with the sharp silver point, he retrieved the knife back in his pocket.

“That’s more like it.” He said and grabbed my arm. He picked me up and led me into the bathroom.

“What are you doing?!” I yelled. “Put me down!” He placed me down calmly onto the bathroom floor. I heard Gerard calling for the others.

“Don’t bother trying to come in here! I’m not afraid to strike!” James called out through the door.

“Just don’t hurt her!” Gerard called back. James turned to me.

“I’d never hurt you sunshine. And I’ll never let them hurt you.” He stroked my hair as I cringed.

Five minutes passed, and I spent it sitting on the boy’s bathroom floor, with a broken leg, next to some lunatic who either wanted to kill himself because of me, or kill Gerard because of me. Not the best situation. Suddenly, Gerard burst through the door, with a scared but determined look on his face.

“Stop!” James called out, pointing the knife out to him. His hands were trembling.

“James. Please, just put the knife down. We can settle this.” Gerard tried to calm him down.

“No! No we can’t! She’s mine!” James shouted. He lifted me up by the arm and led me across the small room, near a window. Still pointing the knife toward Gerard, he opened the window and tried to shove me through. I wouldn’t cooperate. From pure aggravation, James slapped my arm, hard enough so a red mark appeared. I whimpered and obeyed him. Now, I was standing on the top of the school’s roof, James climbing out too. Rain dripped all over me, and patted the flat roof.

“Why?!” I yelled out, hoping that someone would see us up here.

“Calm down my dear, everything is fine.” James comforted.

“No! Nothing is fine! You’re crazy!” I shouted.

From behind him, I saw Gerard also climbing out the window. James quickly turned around, pointing the knife yet again.

“You know you won’t use that thing.” Gerard stated. He took a few steps forward. James became more tense.

“Stay back!”

“Put…it down…” Gerard took more steps forward, keeping his hands in front of him.

James backed up a little, going diagonal from where I was.

“Please, put it down!” Gerard called out. James still backed up.

“No! Never! Go away!” He called out. I watched him step further and further to…the edge.

“James!” I screamed. He wouldn’t even turn his head.

“Don’t move!” Gerard yelled, trying to make him stop.

“I’m not falling for it. STAY BA-“ James tripped of the side of the building. Gerard ran up to the edge and tried to catch on to his arm, but failed.

Not wanting to look, I turned away, as a choked up more tears and fear sprain through my head. Gerard also turned away, but not before he ran over to me, to make sure I was okay. He held me tight as I sobbed in the pouring rain, just recalling that someone had just died where I was. We sat alone in the rain, gripping each other tight, on that cold, dreadful night