Don't Stop If I Fall

Wake.

I finally started to fall asleep towards the middle of the movie, leaning on Gerard's shoulder for comfort, as we were still sitting on the sleeping bags. Gerard silently nudged me, knocking me out of my still-yearning brain that was searching for answers, and corrected my vision over to Mikey and Jade.

Mikey's eyes were glued to the screen, yet I could tell his mind was on something else. I searched his appearance for some clue, until I found what I was looking for. His hand was trembling in somewhat mid-air, aiming for Jade's hand that rested on her leg. Mikey's eyes darted up and down, from the screen to her hand, rapidly. Gerard and I waited patiently for him to make his move, while Jade was completely unaware of it all.

Finally he had reached his hand over to hers and grasped it tightly in a cupped position. Jade looked down at their hands and a small smile appeared on her face. Then, she quickly changed the grasp from cupped to laced and within no time, she was comfortably leaning on Mikey's shoulder.

I stared up at Gerard, as my eyes started to sag. I could see his cute smile appear just before I closed my eyes. With my eyes already closed, I could feel Gerard come closer to me and give me a peck on my forehead. Finally I gave up, and lost my jumbled thoughts in the soft buzz of the television and light noise of voices and sound effects. I slowly placed my head back down in its original position and collapsed into the soothing darkness of sleep.

I awoke to finding I was already tucked in nicely in my sleeping bag, Gerard to my right and Jade to my left. Everyone was still sound asleep. A sudden craving of thirst hit me. My mouth became parched and my throat became dry. Silently, I slipped out of my sleeping bag, and ventured off to get a glass of water.

I crept down the hallway, until I saw light coming from the kitchen. I walked gracefully into the small room, and saw Frank and Bob sitting at the table. They looked a little like a father and his son, seeings Bob was reading a news paper with a cup of coffee next to him and with Hendric on his lap. While Frank was shying away from the cat and staring at his cheerios like he just discovered it.

"What the hell?" I tried to speak, but my voice was still raspy from just waking up. I startled them both, as Frank dropped the spoon he was playing with, and Hendric meowed loudly as Bob jumped a little.

"Good morning Ava." Bob greeted. Frank waved, and continued to eat his cereal. I waved slightly, and cleared my throat.

"Why are you guys here? What time is it? What's going on?" I asked, my voice now clear.

Bob put the newspaper down and Frank dropped his spoon into the bowl once again.

"One..." Bob started.

"I'm here cuz I followed Bob." Frank interrupted.

"And I'm here because I need to talk to you, Gerard and Mikey. Of course, he follows me here, thinking…” He lowered his voice and whispered, “I want him here.” I giggled.

“Two, it’s nine o’clock.” Frank added, smiling at me.

“And finally three…it’s pretty much the same as the first.” Bob rambled, stroking Hendric. The cat started glaring at Frank and he gave out a nervous giggle. I watched as he squeaked is chair over, farther away from Hendric.

“Umm…” I crackled, rubbing my eye and leaning against the fridge. “Gerard and Mikey are still sleeping…” I finished with a yawn. “And who said you could have food?” I asked.

“Mrs. Way told us to get comfortable before she left.” Frank explained, putting the empty bowl of his in the dishwasher. I nodded.

Finally, remembering the reason I came out her, I found a glass in the cupboards and poured myself some water. I sat quietly on the counter, and sipped the plain liquid silently. The two boys stared at me.

“Are you okay?” Frank asked.

“Aren’t you usually loud?” Bob asked with a chuckle.

“Tired.” I said in between my sipping. I gave them a sarcastic smile, and continued gulping down the water. Once I was done, I hopped off the counter, placing the cup in the sink, and retrieved back to the bedroom, assuring Bob and Frank I would wake up Mikey and Gee.

When I appeared back in the room, they were still asleep. Without thinking, I collapsed back down into my original position, facing the back of Jade’s head. Just before shutting my eyes again, an arm wrapped around me and pulled me closer. I turned over to see Gerard’s eyes slightly open.

“Good Morning.” I whispered, shutting my eyes. Suddenly I remembered my task. Damnit, I was comfortable.

“Urgh, Gee?” I asked. Gerard’s eyes shot open, straining a little.

“Yeah?” He said with a stretch and a moan.

“Hhh, Bob and Frank are out in the kitchen. Bob needs to talk to you, me, and Mikey.”

“Mm..then why is Frank here?” He asked, sitting up a little. His shaggy dark hair was all matted.

“He said he followed Bob.” I shrugged and smirked. Gerard laughed a little.

“Just tell them we’ll be ready in an hour…or something.” Gerard whispered, getting comfortable and shutting his eyes again.

“Eh…I kinda told them I’d get you…now…” I sighed.

“Jesus. I have to move?” Gerard laughed getting up. “Oh well.” Gerard picked up his pillow and chucked it at his brother.

“Rise and shine little Way. The boys are here to chat, and Ava promised them we’d be out there.” He announced, glaring at me a little, then gave me a reassuring wink.

I rocked Jade for her to wake up as well, and we all went to separate rooms to get dressed and ready.

a.n: all right, so I've been really slacking with chapters. And I wish this chapter was more...well interesting, and it should be, seeings it took me about four days to write it. o.o The reason for that is how I've been preoccupied with other things, and I guess I haven't had the time, or the ideas to put enough effort in the story. If you are still happy with it, I'm glad : DD
I promise the next few chapters will get at least a little more interesting o.o Comments are well appreciated