Don't Stop If I Fall

chapter 58

"Don't talk like that," Frank's voice was stern, straight forward. "Don't ever say you are nothing."

I sat up against the curve and sniffled. I wiped my eyes and saw my eyeliner bleeding on my hand. "Shit."

"Forget about that, Ava, and listen to me," Frank said. "You can live without him. You did before we came to town."

"Barely," I stated.

"Still. He's not the only one to live for. Jesus, you make the rest of us feel like shit!" Frank said getting annoyed and upset. He looked away from me.

"FRANK, I LOVE HIM," I yelled.

Frank's head perked up. He whipped it around toward me and screamed back, "I LOVE YOU."

My eyes widened. So did his.

"Shit, fucking shit," he looked down and fumbled with the strings from his red hoodie.

"No you don't," I said. He stayed still and quiet. "No," I turned away.

"Yes, Ava," he whispered. "I have for awhile."

"What about Jordan?" I whispered.

"I..." he started, "I have loved her. Lately, it's been fading. I just..." he paused.

"...What?"

"I just couldn't get over how much you mean to me," he continued to look down.

"So, you've liked me before Jordan came around?" I tried to think back.

"Basically. But you were falling for Gerard, of course," he shrugged.

"What do you mean, of course?" I asked.

"Let's just say, this hasn't been the first time Gerard's liked a girl I liked," he explained.

"Oh."

"Yeah, ugh. Why did I tell you that? Now things are gonna be all awkward and shit," he sighed.

"Aw, no Frankie. They won't be. But..." I began.

"But?" he picked his head up.

"What about Jordan?" I asked, cautiously.

"Ah, shit. That, too," he hung his head again.

"Hm," I sighed.

"I'm sorry, Ava," he looked up at me with his beautiful hazel eyes.

"For what? Loving me?" my eyes began to water and my voice cracked as I spoke.

He leaned into hug me and I followed through. We sat there on the pavement hugging for what seemed an eternity, so many thoughts rushing through my mind.

"You're amazing Frankie," I whispered.