Status: 7/16/2013: Updated, next one is scheduled for Friday!

The Heart Never Lies

That Tramp

Danny walked me home before going back to his house that he shared with Tom, Harry, and Dougie.

"I had fun, " Danny said, a foolish grin on his face.

"Oh, me too. Loads. I just love being chased by my brother and his band's fans. It's my favorite activity." Sarcasm was dripping from voice, but I was smiling to show that I really did have fun. He laughed, then turned around, climbing into his car and speeding off.

After I closed the door, I discovered with a jump that my father was asleep in the recliner in the living room. The door had woken him up, and he was blinking sleep away from his eyes as he noticed my sudden appearance.

"Ad-Addie? What time is it?" We looked at our watches at the same time, and I was surprised to find that it was 1:45 AM. He looked at me as sternly as he could at this time in the morning. "Isn't it a bit late for you to be back now?"

"I'm sorry, Daddy, but we got--" My sentence was interrupted by an enormous yawn. I shuddered from the force of it. "We got chased and--" I yawned again, and Daddy held his hand up, newspaper still in it.

"You can tell me and Mum about it in the morning-- err, later in the morning."

"All right. Night, Daddy." I went upstairs to my room and got changed into my pajamas, climbing into the bed shortly after.

***

"Good morning, Sunshine. Have fun last night?" I opened my eyes reluctantly, raising a hand to guard them from the sunlight that was pouring through my curtains. I looked at the person who was sitting next to my bed in annoyance.

"What do you want, Tom?" He rested his head in his hand, his brown eyes shining brightly at me.

"I just wanted to have the joy of waking my little sister up to see how much sleep she got."

"I could have gotten more if you didn't wake me up."

"Why are you so cranky?"

"Why are you so annoying?"

We stared at each other for a few moments, and then I just had to smile.

"Does it feel like we just switched places for a few seconds?"

Tom nodded, also grinning. "Yeah, it was a bit weird. Do you remember waking me up when you were little?" I nodded, loving the memory.

"I would keep telling you to wake up, and if you didn't, I would pinch your nose. When you couldn't breathe anymore you finally woke up."

"I thought he slept with his mouth open, like the brain dead idiot he is?" I threw a pillow at the person who slipped into our conversation without permission.

"Harry, get out!" Harry grinned and slipped out the door. "You too, Tom. I need to get dressed."

"Alright, I'll see you downstairs." He left, and I began looking through my closet for something to wear. Well, tonight is graduation, so I should pick something that will feel comfortable underneath the navy nylon gown. I walked into the kitchen wearing a black pair of sweatpants that had been cut into capris and a lime green shirt that had stripes on it, making it look like I was a green tiger.

"Where's everyone else?" I asked Tom as I grabbed a bagel out of the fridge and put it into the toaster.

"Doug and Danny are at home."

"I heard Dougie moving about in his room, and Danny was still asleep," said Harry. I opened a cabinet and reached for a container of un-opened cream cheese, but my fingers just couldn't make it. Harry grabbed the dairy product with ease and handed it to me with a smirk. I smiled at him when he gave it to me, then whacked him on the head with it.

"So you guys just left Dougie?" I asked, leaning against the counter and waiting for my breakfast to be done.

"Hey, we were ready to come on over here. We didn't want to wait on Dougie. You know how long he takes to get ready." Harry's voice had taken on an edge of defense. I smirked.

"Yeah, yeah. I know. He takes longer than I do." We had all learned this when we wanted to go to a party, but ended up being so late it wasn't worth going. All because Dougie couldn't find his Blink 182 T-shirt.

"So..." Tom said after a few moments of silence. "Graduation is only a few hours away." I groaned.

"Yeah, I know. Do you think Gran and Grandpa will make it?" I asked hopefully.

"Probably not," he said realistically. "You know that they live pretty far away. Besides, they didn't make it for my graduation, what makes you think that they'll do it for you?" A grin teased the corner of my brother's mouth.

"Maybe they will. They do love me more."

"Oh, please," Tom rolled his eyes.

"No, really! I am the only granddaughter."

"And I'm the only grandson." We both laughed, Harry joining in shortly after.

"Wait, what?" Tom and I laughed even harder at Harry's blatant lack of an attention span.

"Nothing," I assured Harry. "Just sibling rivalry."

"Oh. Cool." He continued staring out the window as my breakfast jumped out of the toaster and onto my plate. I started buttering one half of the bagel, set it down, and started buttering the other half. I had just bitten into it when Tom grabbed the half I had recently buttered and took a large bite out of it.

"Tom!" I protested, my mouth open in surprise and frustration.

"Do you want it back?" he asked after licking it, his mouth full of the blueberry encrusted bread.

"Nuh-uh," I replied, my face screwed up in disgust. Harry had been paying attention this time, so he burst out laughing when Tom took the bagel. I glared at them both and sat down on the sofa to watch some TV and finish what remained of my breakfast.

"Ooh! SpongeBob!" Tom and I shouted at the same time. Harry rolled his eyes and sat down on Tom's lap.

"I love you, Tom," said Harry once the commercials were on.

"I love you, too, Harry," Tom replied seriously. It looked as if they were about to kiss, when the front door suddenly swung open, so hard that it banged against the wall and slammed back into it's original place. Harry, Tom, and I froze, not really sure of what just happened. The door opened once again and there stood Dougie and Danny, Dougie on Danny's back in the form of a piggy back ride. We stared at them and they stared at us, each group not knowing how to take in the other's positions. Finally, Danny and Dougie made the first movement: Dougie hopped down from Danny's back. Danny pretended to get angry.

"Harry, what-- what are you doing? You -- you cheatin' on me?" He, Tom, and Harry exchanged looks before Harry leapt off of Tom's lap.

"Danny! It's not what it looks like, I swear!"

"Oh yeah? Who is that tramp?"

"Nobody! He's-- he's Nobody!"

"Harry, how could you?!" said Tom in the perfect jealous/hurt tone. "You said you loved me!"

"Well!" Danny exclaimed. "That makes two of us!" Then he and Tom marched out the door, arm in arm. They came back less than three seconds later. Dougie and I clapped rapidly for their performance.

"Bravo!" I said excitedly. "Bravo!" They bowed dramatically, both laughing.

"You didn't wait on us," said Dougie, pointing an accusing finger at Harry, who shrugged nonchalantly.

"You were going to take to long. We can't wait all day for you -- Addie's graduating at five o'clock." I gasped and looked at my watch.

"That's only an hour away!" I slapped Tom on the shoulder. "Why didn't you wake me up earlier?!" He winced as my hand made contact with his now tender shoulder.

"You fussed at me bad enough when I woke you up; I figured it couldn't hurt to let you sleep in a bit."

"A bit?! I've got to get ready now!" I sprinted up to my room. As soon as I slammed the door shut, I quickly brushed my curly blond hair and tucked my bangs behind my ears, using a green headband to keep them in place. I had just finished tieing my shoes when Mum threw my door open.

"Hurry up! We've go to go now!"

"I know! Tom woke me up a few minutes ago!"

"That boy," she said with a roll of her eyes. We both ran out the house and into the car, Dad already waiting behind the wheel.

"Wait for us! Wait for us!" Tom shouted as he and Harry, Dougie, and Danny dashed out of the house.

"Don't wait for them!" I shouted to my parents. Dad obligingly stepped on the gas. I laughed out all of the air from my diaphragm when I saw the look on Tom's face as we sped off.