Status: 7/16/2013: Updated, next one is scheduled for Friday!

The Heart Never Lies

Happy Birthday! Part One

"So, now that you're officially an adult, what are you going to do now?" Danny asked me two weeks later at my birthday party.

"I'd like to move out, of course."

"Where are you going to go?"

"America," I stated simply.

"America? That's a long way... away." I laughed as we sat on a bench.

"That's the point. I'm tired of being stuck under Mum and Dad's wing, I want to be my own person, but that's difficult here. I'm being smothered here. I know they love me and all, but still...."

"Yeah, it's tough. They're just doing what they think is best for you."

"Yeah, what they think," I said with a snort.

"Do you know where in America you're going?" he asked after a long and slightly awkward silence.

"New York. I have a friend that lives there in the apartment above her shop."

"Oh, you told me about her. Er... Rainsong, right?"

"It's Rainbow. But her sister Windsong lives there, too."

"Oi! Where's my sister?" I heard Tom bellow. I waved my hand in the air. He saw it and joined Danny and me, slinging his arm around my shoulder.

"What do you want, you obnoxious lump?"

"Alright, just because you're eighteen doesn't mean you can get smart with me." He gave me the most hair-messing noogie ever as he grinned.

"Yeah, you're right," I said grinning. "It's because I'm your sister!"

"Game time!" Mum suddenly shouted. The people I had invited to my party -- a few classmates I got along with, the McFly boys and their families -- all gathered around my mum.

"What are we going to play?" Vicky, Danny's sister, asked.

"I don't know the name of it," Mum replied, "but it's a game that I played when I was a little girl." She made all of the boys get in a circle and the girls in another. "Addie, Tom, come here, please." We broke out of our circles, then went to our mother, who proceeded to blind-fold us with bandanas. Mine was pink and Tom's was red. "Now, Addie, I'm going to lead you to the circle of boys." I felt my cheeks fire up. "Dear, could you take Tom to the boys?" I knew that Tom had the same reaction as me. When Mum put me in the middle of the circle, I heard nothing but low chuckles coming from the males surrounding me. High-pitched giggles were heard from across the yard as Tom reached his area. "Now, I am going to spin Addie around three times," Mum told us. Dad's deep voice could be heard as he copied Mum. "After I spin her, she's going to go to one of you guys. When she reaches out and touches you, you're the one."

"For what?" asked Dougie. "What does she have to do?" I could almost hear the grin in his voice.

"She has to kiss him." It got really quiet after that. Seconds later, squeals and screams arose from the girls.

"Mum, do I have to play?!" asked Tom nervously.

"Yes. It's Adelaide's birthday, and she deserves to have fun."

"And my fun comes from seeing you squirm."

"You can't see you moron, you're blind-folded!"

"So are you!"

"Mmnnn!" It was the noise he made when he stuck his tongue out.

"Children, behave," our mother chided. "Alright, let's spin 'em!" A little after she said that, she spun me around one, two, three times. "And, go!" I wobbled after she let go of me and tried my hardest to go in a straight line.

"Left! Go left!"

"Don't listen to him, Addie. Go right!"

I stretched my arms out to prevent myself rom bumping into anybody. After a short time, my fingertips grazed the surface of somebody's jacket. It felt like soft cotton, the kind hoodies are usually made of. I slowly walked closer, letting my hands roam over the person's face so I could maybe put together a mental image of him.

His face was nice and smooth. His nose was small and slightly rounded at the end, and his lips underneath were small, but full and very smooth. I reached up to feel his hair and smiled. In my hand I held soft curls. I kissed his cheek with a grin before taking iff the blind-fold to see who it was.

It was Danny.

He was blushing a deep red, and I had a feeling that I was, too.

"Two more times!" Mum shouted, appearing beside me to spin me once again. I saw who Tom kissed (a girl who looked like it was her birthday) just before Mum took away my sight again. "One, two, three!" That time, all of the guys counted with her. When she let go of my shoulders, I was so dizzy I twirled and landed on the ground, gigling as Mum helped me up.

Once again, I zombie-walked -- arms out-stretched, wobbling slightly, a silly smile on my face -- into the arms of a boy. His hands were softly calloused, and I didn't even have to guess who it was. A kiss on the cheek, then off came the bandana.

It was Danny, again.

I giggled as Mum blind-foolded me one last time. Just before it slipped over my eyes, I caught Danny's eye. He winked at me, causing me to giggle again.

"Last time!" Mum called out. "One, two, three!"

I was jerked backwards around the waist and a pair of lips playfully met mine. I quickly yanked off the blind-fold. "Harry Judd!" I shouted, whacking him with the bandana.

"What?" Harry asked innocently. "Danny was getting all of the loving, and I was getting lonely." He finished his sentence with a pout.

"Aww, poor Harry," I said sympathetically. I wrapped my arms around him in a hug.

"Harry!" my father barked. "On my daughter again?" Harry's face paled a little as his arms snapped to his sides after he pushed me away. My father laughed. "I was joking, son. Joking. Lighten up a bit." He turned to me. "Addie, there's someone on the phone for you." I excused myself and skipped into the house, picking up the phone in the kitchen.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Addie! Guess who?'

"Rainbow!" I gasped with delight.

"And Windsong!" her sister chimed in.

"I miss you guys so much!" I exclaimed. "So, how is life in New York?"

"Awesome!" shouted Windsong, while Rainbow stated, "Dirty. Like nature, but worse. But I've got Germex and wipes, so I'm okay."

"I have to ask you guys a favor," I said, slightly nervous. "Can I move in with you?"

"Sure," replied Windsong.

"After you graduate," added Rainbow.

"I already did. A few weeks ago."

"Then why are you still in Europe?" said Windsong. "Get over here!"

"I will, as soon as possible."

"Oh, we have a friend that you have to meet," Rainbow told me. I could hear the excitement bubbling over in her voice.

"Yeah, she lives with me," said Windsong.

"So you can move in with me," finished Rainbow. Suddenly, there was a loud noise in the background. It sounded like pots and pans crashing down, followed by a loud curse.

"That was her," sighed Windsong. "She knocked over the rack of kitchen ware and she probably needs help picking stuff up. Bye."

"Bye," Rainbow and I chimed. "When can you move in?"

"What time would be best?"

Rainbow was silent in thought. "Next month would be good. How is that?"

"Good for me. Mum'll need to talk to you. Let me go get her." I covered the reciever and turned my head toward the door. "MUM!"

"What?!"

"Rainbow wants to talk to you!"

"Okay!" I waited a few seconds for her after she walked through the door, brushing a piece of blue tissue paper off of her blouse. "Addie, go back outside. It's time for the pinata."

"Bye, Rainbow," I said quickly.

"Bye, Addie. Have fun."