Status: 7/16/2013: Updated, next one is scheduled for Friday!

The Heart Never Lies

Chapter Nine

"Pajamas?"

"Check."

"Driver's License?"

"Check."

"Phone?"

"Mum, could you stop worrying, please?" I begged. She had been quizzing me for the past fifteen minutes in the airport while we were waiting for my flight. Well, not just my flight. Mum and Dad didn't want me to fly on my own to New York, not that they had a problem with me on a plane. It was just that I had never been to New York before. When Rainbow and Windsong lived in South Carolina, I could go by myself after the first few trips. I quickly knew the state like the back of my hand. Now, I was still going to the east coast, just the more northern part of it.
Anyway, they didn't feel comfortable with me going alone. At first Tom was gonna come, be he got sick last minute. Dougie refused to come near me, but he did tell me good-bye over the phone. Harry had to go somewhere with his family and couldn't come. Danny offered to go, though. He said he had nothing planned for a while. I didn't have a problem with him; in fact, I got along with him best sometimes, but for some odd reason Daddy seemed suspicious.

We were all sitting in a row of seats in front of the screen that listed the flight numbers and times. I had to laugh at Danny's appearance. He had a gray wool cap fitted over his head, allowing only a few chestnut curls to peek out. Large, dark sunglasses covered his blue eyes, and he was wearing a baggy hoodie and shorts to match. He looked like he hadn't shaved for a while.

"Danny?"

"Hmm." It was still quite early for him, so actual speech might take some time.

"Why are you dressed like that?"

"I want to avoid any and all fans we might see today." Okay, so he was gonna talk.

"That's not very nice," I admonished. "They love you."

"And I love them," he replied, a slight smile on his face. "But if they see me got on a plane with a young and pretty girl, they might think I'm dating her."

"You don't want people to think we're dating?" I asked with a grin. I was only joking, but he turned a little red.

"I don't mind, I just thought that you would."

"Nah. I wouldn't bother me. I love ya, Danny." I lightly punched his arm with affection. Then I remembered something else he said. "Wait, you think I'm pretty?"

He laughed, his voice carrying. "Hey, I love ya, Addie. And I don't think you're pretty; I know you are."

"Flight 27, now boarding."

"Addie, did you pack your toothbrush?"

Damn it.