The *** of Gerard Way

Someone Died Today

Rain pitter-pattered down the silent, dark street. Coldness filled the air, seeping through every crack in every wall of every building.

An ambulance wailed in the distance, sending a ghostly call through the city.

Someone died today.

A man stood in an alley, wondering what was going on. He had no idea how he had gotten there, or any recollection of what happened before. He stared across the street at the hospital, standing tall. It was eerily quiet apart from the siren.

The siren got closer. The man scrunched his eyebrows together in curiosity. He checked his watch. 3:00 a.m. exactly.

He had nothing to do. Nowhere to go.

An ambulance sped in front of him and pulled into the hospital emergency lot. The man decided to see what was going on.

The wet gravel under his shoes crunched as he walked into the bright light. The paramedics were pulling a stretcher out.

"What's going on?" The man's voice was garbled.

The paramedics ignored him and pulled a body into the hospital.

"Hurry, there's still time!" One of them yelled.

The man watched someone else get out of the ambulance. He couldn't see the face of the tall, skinny figure. He could tell he was a young man. The other man turned around for a moment. He had tears in his eyes.

"Hey, can you tell me what's going-" He squinted at him. "Mikey?"

The name had just popped out at him.

Mikey too ignored this man. He went inside and followed the paramedics.

The man ran after him. He had to know what was happening. He was a curious guy after all.

Nobody seemed to notice him. Nobody acknowledged his presence. He looked around and followed the paramedics into a room. Again, they ignored him.

"C'mon, you gotta tell me-" His eyes widened as he looked down at the body in the stretcher. Gerard Way lay still in the stretcher. His pale face glistened as raindrops trickled down his skin.

"B-but," The man stammered. "I-I'm right here..."

He slowly turned his head and stared into the mirror next to him.

Nothing stared back.