The *** of Gerard Way

Cemetery Drive

Bright, red cherries and juicy, lip-staining blueberries.

The taste of fruit smothered Frank's mouth as he glanced at his rearview mirror. He cursed under his breath, even though secretly, he was glad to have something to distract him, even if it meant getting a ticket.

Carefully, Frank pulled his car over next to a tall, shadowy tree. The cruiser eased behind his car.

Frank listened as the rain pitter-pattered on the roof of his car. Little droplets trickled down his windshield, slowly falling to the shiny hood. He heard a door slam shut.

He looked down at the clock. 10:33. Suddenly, something flashed in the corner of his eye. His eyes shot up at the rearview mirror. All he could see was the headlights of the cruiser.

He swallowed and looked ahead of him, trying to avoid looking back at the mirror.

What's taking the him so long?

Frank tightened his grip on the steering wheel.

What if They get me?

He didn't even know who They was.

Frank wondered where the officer was. He looked back up at the rearview
mirror.

His heart almost stopped. He darted his eyes back in front of him. His knuckles were white, gleaming with sweat.

I did not just see a face, I did not just see a face, I did not just see a fa-

He jumped at the sound of tapping.

Oh God, They're here.

He looked through the window. A large face stared at him.

A wave of relief surged through him as he rolled down his window.

"H-hello, officer." He said in a shaky voice.

The police officer squinted at him.

"You on something?" His voice was gruff.

"No."

Was he supposed to say 'Sir'?

"Sir." He added.

Frank squinted as the police officer shone a light in face.

"What's wrong, boy?" The cop said tauntingly. "See a ghost or somethin'?"

Pretty close to that.

"No, sir."

"You know why I stopped you?"

"No, sir." He said again.

"Look at that sign." The cop shined his flashlight at a sign. "What does it say?"

"Forty miles per hour, sir."

"Do you know how fast you were going?"

Frank hadn't realized he was speeding. He had just wanted to get away from
Them.

"No, sir."

"A hundred and two. Do you know what could've happened if someone was on
this road?"

Frank gulped as the picture flashed his mind.

"Exactly." The cop squinted at him. "Can I see some license and registration?"

He thinks I stole this car.

After all, it was a pretty nice car. Frank's tattoos and long hair made it
suspicious enough. He looked like some punk-ass kid trying to make some money.

Frank bent over the passenger seat and reached into the glove compartment. A
warm breeze tickled the back of his neck, causing all the little hairs to stand on end. He looked up at the trees.

Not a single leaf rustled.

Frank suddenly realized that the bright glare of the flashlight was no longer shining on his face.

He spun his head around so fast, he was surprised he didn't snap his neck.

The police officer was gone.

Frank peered over the open window. The flashlight lay on the ground, still on.

"Oh, shit." Frank whispered to himself. He poked his head out and looked back at the cruiser. It was still there, headlights on and all. "Oh, shit, shit, shit, fuck!"

He had to get out of there. He pulled the handle on the door.

"Fuck." He said when it didn't open. He locked the door and unlocked it again.

Frank pulled the handle again.

A thump came from the back.

Frank froze.

Time seemed to slow down for Frank. A car slowly inched passed him.

They're here. They're here to get me and They're going to kill me.

Once again, he had no idea who They were. He looked at his back seat and gave a scream.

There, lying on his new leather, was the cop.

And there, sitting on the cop, was a dark figure.

Frank's first thought was to get out of there.

But his butt was glued to the seat, his legs were heavy slabs of stone, and his eyes could not leave the scene before him.

The figure was bent over the body, water dripping down it's arms. The figure suddenly sat up and Frank realized that it wasn't water.

The figure hung it's head back and stared up at the ceiling.

Frank had to keep from gasping.

This figure was obviously female. The curve of her hips and breasts were beyond dazzling, making any woman in the world green with envy. Frank sat motionless, staring.

Her pale skin was perfect, as smooth as freshly cut marble, glittering in the sun as if diamonds were embedded in it.

Suddenly, she tilted her head, ever so slightly. Her hazel eyes pierced through Frank's. Her bright, red lips curled back into a smile.

That's when reality hit him in the face. A voice wailed in the back of his mind.

Move. Now.

Frank scrambled through the window, tumbling to the ground. He jumped up
and took off running.

The wind slapped his face as he ran further away from his car, further away from the dead body, further away from the girl covered in blood.

Further away from the abnormally large teeth the creature had flashed him.