The *** of Gerard Way

Yellow Tape

Mikey felt ready to fall off the earth. A nurse next to him threw a needle away in a red plastic bag.

"The drugs should help you sleep." The nurse said.

"Am I supposed to feel like this?" Mikey mumbled. His body was numb and he felt high as fuck.

"Yeah." The nurse grabbed a blanket and set it on top of him. "Those are just a few side effects."

"Oh... cool." He nodded and watched the nurse leave the room.

Mikey yawned and stared at the blank screen of the TV.

"That should be on." He mumbled to himself. He didn't really feel like thinking about what had just happened to him. It hurt his head too much.

He fumbled for the remote and turned the TV on.

"There." He sighed in satisfaction and sank back into the pillows.

The news was on. A woman's voice was faint under the hum of the furnace.

A car was displayed on the television screen. It's door was open.

Mikey squinted at the screen.

"...Looks familiar..." He muttered. He yawned again.

The car was parked on the side of an empty road. A cop car was parked behind it. The camera jerked as it moved forward, showing the inside of the driver's seat.

Blood was splattered over the seats.

"That leather was new." He mumbled softly. His eyes were beginning to droop.

Suddenly, his eyes snapped open. He jerked his head up, his eyes wide. He dug under the sheets for the remote and turned the volume on high.

"....was found dead in the back of a car." The woman's voice boomed over the speakers. "The victim, a well respected police officer, seems to have been stabbed several
times in the stomach, and once in the neck."

A cop suddenly appeared on the screen.

"We've traced the license number and I think we found our guy." He said to the
camera.

"The car belongs to rocker Frank Iero of My Chemical Romance." The woman's voice boomed. "He was nowhere to be seen when a pedestrian noticed blood on the windshield and is suspected of murdering Officer John O'Reilly."

Mikey's jaw dropped.

Yellow tape surrounded Frank's shiny, blue car. Drops of blood were splattered here and there.

"Frank Iero is now a prime suspect for the devastating murder of Gerard Way."