The *** of Gerard Way

Sorrow

Gerard was eight years old when he came to realize that everyone he knew would someday die. Someone had just gotten shot a few houses down when he came to this revelation.

He didn't really know the guy. Still, it hit him hard to know that somebody had actually died.

His babysitter had allowed him to go see the body.

Skipping down the street, Gerard had been so innocent, so childish. He hadn't known that all those childish thoughts would be gone when he saw the body.

He hadn't known that there would be so much blood either.

Gerard had just stood there, staring at the body, motionless.

He had never really realized how creepy it was to realize that someone could
cease to exist. He thought about how this man would never walk the earth again, and that's
what made everything so eerie. This man who had once breathed, laughed, cried, lived, just stopped.

Gerard then knew that this same thing would happen to him. He'd just.... stop. It was going to happen to his mother, his father, his aunts, his uncles, his grandparents, his babysitter. Everyone was going to stop breathing, stop laughing, stop feeling.

That was when his babysitter called for him to come home.

He stared at the body one last time, making sure he wouldn't just pop up and yell, "Surprise!"

He didn't.

So Gerard went home, having learned something new.

He was going to die.

He didn't know when.

He didn't know how.

But he was going to die.