The *** of Gerard Way

Baby, Just Maybe

Ray's head throbbed. He felt as if the floor beneath him was going to crumble away at any moment. Bob stood next him, still and tense, as if staring at the doors hard enough would bring Mikey back.

The intense, white walls brought back unwelcome memories of the dream.

Ray blinked.

It's all a dream.

Ray squeezed his eyes shut and tried to will himself awake.

He opened his eyes, popping them open as wide as he could.

He was still there.

"Hm..." This seemed to be one of those stubborn ones.

He pinched his wrist and looked up.

Still there.

He squeezed his eyes shut again.

It's all....a dream...

Maybe all of it had been a dream. Maybe Gerard really was alive. Maybe he was sitting next to him on a tour bus, plotting pranks on him as he slept. And maybe Mikey was okay, grinning and rummaging around for the whipped cream, trying not wake him up. Maybe Bob really wasn't depressed. Maybe he was sitting on the other end of the bus, snickering, all the while trying to beat his own high score on Guitar Hero.

And maybe Frank was Frank again, chugging Monster's all day long, and whining for a rest stop, because he just couldn't stand the bus's bathroom.

And after he'd wake up, they'd get off the bus and play the best show of their career.
He grinned.

Then they'd stop by some Chinese buffet and stuff their bellies, laughing at each other the whole time.

Like it was supposed to be.

He never realized how much he loved his friends. Well, he knew he loved them... he just never knew how strongly he felt about them. They were like brothers to him.

Ray opened his eyes expectantly.

His grin faded.

There was no tour bus.

No Chinese food.

No Gerard.

Just white walls, white floors, and white ceilings.

The way it really was.

Ray suddenly jerked out of his daze and realized something was missing... someone.

No Bob.

His friend had disappeared, leaving him alone in the empty corridor.

He slammed his fist against the elevator button.

As he waited for the elevator, Ray realized something.

This was no dream. That much was obvious.

It was a nightmare.

And it had just begun.