The *** of Gerard Way

Calm

Doctors rushed around Mikey as he stood in the middle of a hospital waiting room. He stared blankly at the wall, numbness filling every part of his body. He just stood there, in the way of everything.

"Are you Mikey?" A young doctor stood in front of him. He had a concerned look on his face.

Mikey said nothing. He just nodded.

The doctor gave a long tired sigh. "When he got to the hospital, he actually had a chance..." The doctor ran his hands through his hair.

"Please... don't... say it.. please." Mikey squeezed his eyes shut. Maybe if he concentrated hard enough, he could disappear.

"I'm sorry..." The doctor stared at him. "You're brother didn't make it.. there was just too much drugs in his blood."

Mikey tried to stifle his sob as his hand flew up to his mouth. The doctor's face became a blur as tears stained his cheeks. Mikey couldn't breathe.

"No.." He whispered. "No... no he's not.. he can't be.."

The doctor was silent.

"He's not dead." Mikey's voice grew louder.

The doctor put a hand on Mikey's shoulder. "I'm-"

"Don't say you're sorry!" Mikey shouted. "'Cause he's not dead! He's too fucking young. He's not fucking dead!"

Mikey was on the floor. Again.

"Mike."

"Mikey!" He yelled.

"Mikey, please, calm down," The doctor took a step toward Mikey.

"I am calm!" He shouted. "I'm as calm as I can fucking be, 'cause my brother is not dead!" Mikey looked at the doctor through his tears. He was lying to himself. He always tried to make himself believe something wasn't happening. He always tried to make himself believe.

"Let me see Gee." Mikey said.

"Excuse me?"

"Let me see my brother."

"I-I'm afraid you'll have to calm down-"

"How many times do I have to fucking tell you, I'm calm!" His scream echoed down the empty hospital corridors.

The only problem was that he never quite believed.