The *** of Gerard Way

Vomit Never Tasted So Good

Trees.

Trees. Trees. Trees.

Trees were the only things that surrounded Frank as he stumbled into the clearing.

His lungs were screaming for air.

"Damn cigarettes," He muttered. He rested his hands on his knees and tried to catch his breath. He looked back up and saw the trees. "Damn trees."

Shadows lurked here and there, causing Frank to regret bolting from... It. Anything could be hiding in the shadows, away from the moonlight, waiting to pounce.

Images of blood on new leather and carpet flashed through his mind, sending a wave of sickness in his stomach.

What the hell was that?

Whatever that thing was, it was definitely not human. No human could kill a police officer in 5 seconds without making a sound. Then eat him.

Suddenly, his stomach lurched. The taste of vomit filled his throat. Frank dropped to his knees. He gagged. That morning's breakfast was soon in the grass, displayed for the all the trees to see.

He stayed on his knees, feeling the ache in his stomach weaken. Dry heaves of air forced it's way out, leaving Frank with nothing but darkness in his stomach.

He gave a sigh of relief and rolled over onto his back, being careful to avoid the vomit.

He suddenly wished he were home.

Frank sighed again and stared up at the dark sky. The stars twinkled behind dark clouds, dancing for the dusty moon.

A blinking light from a plane floated by.

The night was beautiful. The air was warm, the grass was soft, and the trees were waving in the air.

Despite everything that had happened, Frank felt a sudden calm wash over him.

He closed eyes.

A cool breeze brushed against his skin, sending songs from the crickets to his ears. The grass surrounding him rustled, sending a tingling sensation down his arms.

In the distance, a coyote howled a long and lonely howl.

"I know how you feel, buddy." He mumbled. He yawned.

Suddenly, the howl was cut off with a painful yelp.

Frank's eyes flew open.

A twig snapped in the distance.

It's Them...

He sucked in his breath and quietly sat up. He squinted in the darkness, but saw nothing.

Something wasn't right. He could feel it in the hollow of his bones.

The whisper of a foot touching grass sent his heart racing.

He needed to move.

Now.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the delay! My computer's been down and I've been a little busy, but I think I'll be updating a little more frequently. Thanks for reading!