The *** of Gerard Way

Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge

Mikey awoke to the sound of voices. For a moment, he forgot what had happened.

He sat up and yawned. His eyes wandered to the open window. A little bird sat there, staring at Mikey. It's bright yellow feathers glowed in the morning sunlight.

"Holy shit, a yellow bird," Mikey smiled at it. It sat there, staring into Mikey's eyes. Then, without warning, it spread it's little wings out and glided across the room. It landed on the dresser.

"Oh wow. Hey, Gee!" Mikey half-shouted, afraid of scaring the bird away. "Hey, Gerar-"

Then it hit him. Memories of the night before flooded back to him. He felt a stinging in his throat.

Mikey got up, remembering the voices that had awoken him. The door creaked as he slipped past it and into the kitchen. He found the whole band at the kitchen table. They were all sitting there silently.

"Mikey." Frank stood up. His eyes were red. "Oh my God, Mikey, I'm so sorry."

Frank hugged Mikey tightly. Ray and Bob got up and joined them. They all stood there, in a corny-looking group hug, crying. Except for Mikey. He felt all dried and shriveled up. Like he had cried everything out last night.

They stood there for a moment longer, then broke apart.

Bob stared at his feet.

"Why?" He asked softly. "Why would somebody do this?"

It finally dawned on Mikey that somebody had actually murdered Gerard. Somebody had intentionally killed him. It wasn't an accident and it wasn't a suicide. It was a murder. A person had taken his life away, not caring about what would happen to the people around him. Not caring about who's lives they were ruining. Not caring about how many people would cry over him.

Without saying a word, Mikey left the kitchen. He heard someone start to follow him.

"Let him go." He heard Ray say.

He walked into the living room. Everyone was gone. John Something was gone, too. Mikey didn't regret what he did to him at all. He was glad.

He opened the sliding glass door and stepped out into the balcony. He knew it was still early because little droplets of dew still covered the hand rail.

Mikey stared at the world before him. Streaks of pink, violet, orange, and blue swirled across the sky as the morning sun peaked out over the horizon.

He leaned over the hand rail and stared at his fists.

Gerard had always looked out for him. But he was gone now. He had no one but the band to turn to. Once again, an emptiness swelled in his heart. But he didn't cry. He was through with crying. He refused to just sit at home and mope about it. He knew now what he had to do. He clenched his fists.

He was going to find his brother's killer. No matter what, Mikey was going to find him. And he knew what he was going to with him.

He was going to find him and make him pay.