Betrayal Takes Two

A Bit About Dandilion Desolation

It's true, betrayal takes two. Everyone knows that things will never work out according to how you want them to. That's just life. Feelings take over, dig deep in your stomach, and eventually control you. Anyway, let me explain how this whole situation started up, it''s not too complicated. But I'm sure that somewhere in your town or city, there's always a girl like me. I'm pretty but I'm not beautiful, I would say I'm average. I'm different, most definitely not a clone of everyone else. Why? Because I have my own opinion, I dress differently, I listen to different music, I'm awkward and weird. Not in a bad way. I have a lot of emotion, but over the years I've tried to control them and keep them to myself, trust me, no one wants to hear drama. Drama is bullshit, and I think I'm the only person that really tries to stay away from it. I smoke cigarettes, I don't take drugs, though the past was a bit different, it's over, I'll try not to talk about it too much. I'm 18 years old and it is 1994. I'm also really quiet, especially when I meet new people, I observe. It takes me a while to open up to people, I really hate that about myself. I always wanted to be loud and obnoxious, but instead my best friend, my sister (not real sister), Tegan, got stuck with it. Tegan and I grew up together for years, ever since I moved here to New Orleans. I ran away from home when I was 16, not too long ago, but seems like forever. I graduated high school when I was 16, I guess because I was smart, but whatever. Tegan was the first person I met here, and we've been super close ever since, she was like no one else I've ever met. We shared an apartment together, she's two years older than me so she was on her own when I met her. Just so you know more about her, she is the center of attention at all times. Not like she asks for it, people are just naturally drawn to her. She's very outgoing, entertaining and fun. But she's also a trusting and caring person. There are also negative things about her, such as her addictive personality and the fact that on the inside she's really insecure but acts like she has a huge ego. If she doesn't think you're cool, then you have no chance joining our little circle. She's a bartender at this quiet bar that all of a sudden is getting popular. I work at home most of the time, I paint and have gallery shows. At times if we get lucky and I sell a painting or two, that covers rent and all of our bills for about two or three months, it really rules. I almost forgot to tell you about the most important thing, my identification, my name. Before you either laugh hysterically or think about it it in fascination for hours, my parents were insane hippies. I am Dandilion Desolation. Yeah, I warned you. Most people call me Dandi. I've gotten really off topic, blabbing about myself again, but only because this story of betrayal is much longer than a few paragraphs...