Betrayal Takes Two

Teenage Lightning

Another gallery show, another round of fake smiles. But thank god for the cheese and wine, what a great mix. I've been going around from person to person discussing my art with them. They were shocked I was only 18 with such talent. I thanked them nicely and hoped they would stop talking to me any second now. Tegan was supposed to come and save me from all of this like she does most of the time, but I suppose she had to work late. "You know, you've attracted quite a crowd today, there are a lot of well known folks here..." Ted my somewhat manager said to my ear. "The better for me" I replied and gave him a smile and a hug. "They are...somewhat obnoxious though" he said and I followed his eyes to see a group of guys dressed in drag. One of them, the tallest one, locked eyes with me but I quickly looked away. There could never be a perfect gallery show, never. I walked around nervous hoping that I would sell at least one. After all, they were decent priced. I walked outside and grabbed my cigarettes, trying to calm down, I'm sure Ted will have everything under control. "Hey babes, what do you think of the gallery so far?" I turned around and saw one of the guys in drag. I took a second to observe him. He has smudged lipstick, dreds, and a baby doll dress on. Of course he reeked of alcohol. "It's...going fine" I replied awkwardly, not wanting to talk to him, or anyone in fact. Tegan would love this guy. He dressed differently and looked cool, but I sensed he would be an asshole. "I personally think the art is shit, but the wine and cheese is yummy" he let out an annoying laugh. "Twiggy! Go inside, Pogo needs company" A tall man came out, we locked eyes again. Twiggy ran back inside like a little child, well, at least I wasn't the only one with a strange name. "I'm really sorry about my friend, he can be an asshole 24/7, I apologize.." I nodded quickly and gave him a fake smile "...do you know this Dandilion chick anyway? I think my friend is interested in buying some pieces" the man said, obviously trying to keep the conversation going. "Eh, yeah, actually I'm Dandilion" He stood there shocked for a second and observed me. He was staring for quite some time so I sighed and looked down. I took my last drag and told him I'll be inside. It was too awkward. "Someone just bought 5 of your paintings, no fucking lie" Ted jumped around my excited. I laughed and asked him who, he pointed to a very handsome man with black hair, really skinny, and beautiful eyes. I observed the man and he seemed to be studying another one of my paintings. I was too shy to say anything. He turned around and started talking to his friends, Twiggy guy from before and the tall one, some of them were holding my paintings. Twiggy guy was complaining and the handsome man was rolling his eyes at him. They all started walking towards me, so I quickly went to the side and leaned against the wall, sipping on a glass of wine. The handsome man looked at me up and down and walked out of the gallery, the rest of his friends following him out. "Hey, it was really nice meeting you. Do you have a number or anything, we should party together or something" the tall man from before said. I decided to give him my number, he was cute, but not as great looking at the man who bought my paintings. If I hang out with this guy then maybe I could meet the other one, I thought to myself. "Thanks a bunch. I'm Brian by the way" he said and waved goodbye.

"Tegan! Tegan! I fucking sold 5 paintings, give me a big hug right now, I think I deserve it!!!" I yelled excited as I came home. It was around 2 am, but I wasn't tired, I wanted to celebrate. I was disappointed to see that Tegan wasn't home. I decided to bike over to the bar she worked at and see if she was there. "So, guess what?" I asked jumping on a chair and scaring her. She smiled, showing her perfect teeth, "How many did you sell?" I counted on my hand, then showed her 5. She screamed and jumped, everyone looked at us, it was embarrassing. "Ah calm down! Come on, let's go!" I told her but she shook her head no. "I have to finish working until 3. I promised this chick, but here have a drink" She placed a cranberry and vodka in front of me. "Who bought the paintings?" she asked as she passed by. "I don't know his name, but I saw him. I have the biggest crush on him. You should've seen him, just something about him that made me go nuts." I told her thinking of his beautiful face. "Well, it is about time you fucking get a boyfriend, get on that shit Dandi!" she gave me a smirk and walked away giving people drinks. I was pretty tipsy and decided to go dance a bit. Of course I had sleazy 30 year olds trying to get in but I pushed them away and shook my head no,so instead they watched me with smirks on their faced. "Ohh babe, where'd you learn how to dance like this?" I turned around and saw my friend Ziggy. He was one of Tegan's ex boyfriends, but they kept in touch and we're all good friends. I danced with him until I thought I saw the man from the gallery at the bar, drinking alone and looking around. "Who you checking out?" Ziggy asked smiling "No one" I replied quickly and took his hand over to the bar where there were two seats available, about 4 seats away from the man. "It's 3, let's go!" I whined. "Little Dandi gets drunk too often" Ziggy said petting my head, I quickly jerked it off. "I'm not even drunk, I just want to get out of here" I felt like my mood swings were starting to be a problem lately. I shrugged it off and just sat there, peaking at the handsome man a few chairs over. He was still observing people. I put my head down on the bar, closing my eyes, I felt dizzy. The whole room was spinning. After a few minutes I felt someone trying to pick me up. "Come on kid, time to go home." I smiled and got away from his grip, almost tripping in front of the hot man but Ziggy caught me. I was so embarrassed and I couldn't help but look at him, he smirked and looked away. It made me feel all warm inside. On the way home all I talked about was him to Tegan and Ziggy, thought I didn't mention that he was at the club, I wanted him all to myself. I felt desperate and lonely. It's been a while since I had a boyfriend and I think it was time. I really hoped I saw him again, I mean after all, he did smirk at me. That can't be a bad sign, could it?
♠ ♠ ♠
hope you enjoy this!