Betrayal Takes Two

Paranoid Inlay

At about 11:30 Ziggy and I hurried to the party, Tegan said that she might stop by later, but her date was taking her to a party as well. When we got there I quickly greeted Pogo guy, since he was doing the door, I suppose they're being strict about how many people came and if they were cool enough to even enter. Ziggy and I spotted Brian so we chilled with him for a while. He poured us a glass of vodka and cranberry each, he said more people should show up now. "Whose place is this? Itsn't this the Sharon Tate House?" Ziggy asked almost in a gay voice from excitement. "It is!!!" Brian screamed stoked " It's Trent's house actually, he should be here any time, he had a date" Brian winked and we both let out a chuckle. Well, that sucks for me, I really hope he isn't bringing her. Soon Brian left us and went to socialize with some people, eventually Ziggy left me too because some girl was hitting on him. I pretty much stayed in the kitchen observing people and drinking. I was pretty drunk so I felt okay, but in the back of my head, Trent being on a date was still bothering me. I let out a small laugh and shook my head, I am acting so immature, I don't even know the guy and I'm just basing everything off of looks. "Hey! Glad you came Dandi!" I heard someone say and put a hand on my shoulder, squeezing it lightly. My smile grew as I saw Trent looking pleased. I nodded shyly. "So, are you enjoying yourself?" He asked leaning against the counter I was sitting on. "Well, I don't really know anyone here, I kind of just been drinking here alone for an hour" I told him, thinking how ridiculous that sounded. "Want me to introduce you to people? There are a lot of cool kids here!" he told me, I shrugged my shoulders. "Wait here a second" he said and quickly walked out of the kitchen. A second later i saw him holding hands with...Tegan and giving her a kiss on the cheek as they came in to the kitchen. I opened my eyes wide and didn't know what to think. I was shocked and angry and I had a weird gut feeling in my stomach. "Dandi, meet my friend Tegan" he said coming up to me. Tegan screamed and hugged me tight. "Are you serious? This is the party you were talking about?" She hopped on the the counter next to me and I nodded somewhat just staring. "You guys know each other?" Trent looked shocked. "Dude, we live with each other!" Tegan yelled drunkenly. Then she squeezed me and started telling Trent how great I was. I blushed and observed the smirk on Trent's face. She eventually told him the story of how she found me under a bridge like an abandoned dog, and that's when my mood changed completely. I know that when Tegan gets drunk she can overdo it a bit, but I didn't want her spitting out my personal life to someone I just met. "She was soaking wet and she had paint brushes sticking out of her book bag!" Tegan almost yelled. I finished the clear vodka that I poured myself and without a word I got off the counter and walked out the door. "Hey where you going Dandi?!?" I heard Tegan yell after me. I didn't know where I was going but I just kept on walking by following the side walk. I knew that sometimes I could overreact and get too moody when I drank, but Tegan should have never said any of that to a stranger. I heard footsteps behind me and I got freaked out so I walked faster. As I was about to turn the corner I felt someone grab my hand lightly, I jumped and my heart started pumping faster, but when I turned around it was only Trent. "Dandi, she was drunk, you know she didn't mean it." He said quickly almost without a breath,he must have been running. I didn't know what to do so I kept on walking, he followed and walked beside me. "Say something..." he whispered. "Now you know everything about me that I've been trying so hard to hide for my whole life from everyone. Great first impression, huh?" I said in an upset tone. "To be honest, I admire you even more now. Everyone only talks about running away from home but they don't do shit, I know I sure did" he said while grabbing on to my waist so we would stop walking. I observed his face and looked him in the eyes, feeling like I was being hypnotized. "Thanks Trent, now you know how white trash I am" he rose his eyebrows and sighed. "Can I ask you something personal?" he slowly took his hand away from my waist and just looked down. "Ughh, I guess" I should have said no, it's something I said without thinking. "Why do you have such low self esteem?I haven't met anyone so talented and beautiful at an early age as you, I don't get it." I breathed in deep, "you know, I wish I could answer that but I don't know the answer. Everything around me my whole life has been negative, resulting in me being twice as negative about myself. Shit just happens" I said crossing my hands, the breeze was making me cold. "Well, maybe if I tell you how fucking cool you are everyday it will change?" Trent said giving out a laugh, "let's go back in, I'm sure Tegan is worried about you running out like that." he said while I slowly nodded.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm back! Got my inspiration from DemonSeed, sad to see that her story shall be ending soon :(