Betrayal Takes Two

Beware The Friendly Stranger

It was our second day at the house and it was in the middle of the night. I took my polaroid camera and my piece of paper that I was writing on the other night and a sketch book.. I quietly sneaked out of the house, making sure not to wake anyone up. It was surprisingly warm so early in the morning so I took off my jeans and sat there with my bottom suit on and a white blouse. The setting couldn't be any more perfect. For a bit I just stared at the moon and then decided to draw it, me sitting on a beach and staring at it. That is one idea for a self portrait I thought and laughed out loud.

Dear _____
What is this feeling inside of me? It feels plain, simple, and empty, but I know it's not, it is a lot more then simple. I feel as if I have no inside, only rotten emotions stacked on top of each other. But I can't feel them, all I can feel is a knot inside my stomach. It is big and growing. It makes me afraid of my next move, of your next action. The moon will not give me any answers and the 6 foot giant has left me. Besides me is the sea full of riddles and a whole lot of emptiness.


I quickly jotted down everything. I had a feeling these notes will be useful one day, either for a project, a confession, or just a memory. I took the piece of paper and stared at it, a part of me wished I wasn't so lonely. It was all my fault though, I wouldn't let anyone in.

Dear _____
If you let love in...


I stopped. I didn't want to think of the possibilities. I quickly got up and saw a crab making it's way along the shore. I grabbed my sketchbook and camera, taking a picture of it. I followed it slowly while sketching it out, I've never seen a crab so close up. The waves would barely touch him, he walked a good distance away from them. It looked like it was searching for something, like me. It walked slowly not paying any attention to me, he was in his own world. I followed him, I wanted to follow him all the way, back to where he came from. "I want to disappear with you" I said to it. It was like me, walking pointlessly hoping that it would find something great along the way. I looked up at the crab, somewhat finishing the sketch when I saw a pair of feet close to it, making it walk on the side and go straight again. "Why disappear?" Trent asked not paying any attention to the crab that could have easily hurt him. "When you disappear nothing matters...What are you doing here?" I asked stopping and making sure the crab didn't go back in the water. He let out a laugh and turned around to look at the crab. "I was sitting on the porch writing, you didn't even notice me" He said and gave me a look to follow the crab. "You were drawing him?You've been following him for quite some time." I blushed and nodded my head, catching up to it. With a few strokes I finished the drawing. "I want him" I said more to myself then realized that Trent was standing right there watching me and the crab. "I'm afraid you can't have him, unless you want to see him suffer and slowly die..." I nodded and watched as the crab walked into the sea. "What do you want?" I was surprised I asked him such a personal question, he looked confused and didn't say anything for a while. "Ehh what do you mean?" I blushed and let out a chuckle, "Never-mind" I mumbled and looked down at my feet. "Okay, fine. Let me think...I want a beautiful new piano and I also wouldn't mind disappearing" He said walking backwards towards where I sat before, I followed. "We should find a way to vanish then" I gave him a small smile as he sat down, I stood there and made little circles in the sand with my feet. Then it was that silence again, but it wasn't awkward like it is with most people. As I was staring out at the sea I imagined Trent and I actually disappearing together and leaving everything behind. Nothing would matter but us, we wouldn't need anything but each other. "Wanna go for a swim?" My thoughts were disturbed by Trent's angelic voice. I shook my head no, "I don't know how to swim" I confessed lightly blushing. Trent gave me a smile and got up "I'll teach you then!" he slowly pulled me into the water which was pretty cold. "You gonna take your blouse off?" he asked while smirking, I shook my head no and started shivering. "Cold" I replied and he let out a laugh pushing me lightly in but still holding on to my arm. We got a little deeper and the water was up to my shoulders. "I'm not going any further..." I paused "...what if there's sharks and crabs here, holy shit" I started freaking out and quickly walking towards the shore. "There's no sharks here, trust me. And if something, I'll protect you!" he said as he pulled me really close to his chest by my stomach. His body felt warm and it was heating me up at the moment. "Lay your head back on my shoulder and take a deep breath" I nervously put my head back and put as much air as I could in my mouth, making it round and chipmunk like. Trent started laughing and telling me just to breathe because that's what is keeping me on top of the water. I felt his hot breath on my neck, his hands on my waist. My eyes were closed because I was afraid of going down. "Now I'm going to let go slowly but keep on breathing with your mouth closed and move your hands and feet to move" he said and I felt him let go, I panicked for a second but then I realized I wasn't going down. "Hey look!" I all of a sudden pointed to the light coming from the middle of the sea, making me lose balance and slowly go down. I moved my hands a lot and panicked as I was underwater but then I felt a strong grip on my waist pulling me up. I quickly wrapped my legs and hands around him spitting out the salty water that entered my mouth. His hands snaked around my body, he told me to look at the light. "It's a ship..." I said somewhat amazed at the scene. "This is insane, look how huge it is!" I let out a sigh of disbelief, this moment couldn't be any more perfect. "Can we get back to land now?" I asked quietly as Trent gave me a smile and started swimming back. Once we got to shore I sat down on my jeans, hugged my legs to my chest and watched the ship go by. "Oh shit!" I said remembering I had my camera with me. I quickly took a picture of the shit, hoping it would come. I looked at the polaroid as the picture was becoming clearer, all you could see was the lights but no outline of the ship. "It's getting pretty cold, and late, we should go back in" I said when the ship was out of our sight. " I agree, let's go" I grabbed all my stuff and walked behind Trent. He turned around and somewhat scanned my body which made a big smile form on his face. "W-what?" I asked getting insecure. "Nothing, you just look cold" He rubbed my shoulders as we walked inside. "Oh okay. I'm going to sleep now, night" I said and quickly ran away to my room. I took a warm bath and then went to sleep like I promised I would.