Betrayal Takes Two

I Don't Think I Can Last Here

"No, but seriously, what's the deal with the two of you?" Brian asked and there was silence and shuffling afterwards. "Nothing, completely nothing. What? We can't be good friends?" Trent answered. I was going to the kitchen but I heard them talking about me and decided to listen in. "You're always watching her...and and and what the fuck were you two doing last night at the beach?" Brian was angrily stuttering, I had no idea why. "I couldn't sleep and neither could she! I was teaching her how to fucking swim calm the fuck down, will you? Why the hell are you getting so upset over this anyway?" Trent was slowly getting angry. I kneeled down and continued on listening, even though I knew I shouldn't be. "She's different, that's what it is." Brian said, Trent mumbled a yeah. "To be honest I'm sick and tired of everyone except for her. I just want to get to know her better, I hope thats okay with you?" Trent said the last part somewhat harshly. "She's fucking weird, she's all yours. I don't give a last shit" I heard a chair move back and footsteps so I quickly got up and quietly ran back into my room.

Dear____
All my life I tried my best to blend in so I would be unnoticed. I do not understand how everything reversed itself, making me stand out a whole lot more than I ever imagined to. The plan was to disappear in a way so no one would notice. I thought I was good at that until now when you proved me wrong.


I smiled to myself not really getting upset. He wanted to be good friends with me, I didn't mind at all. I decided to stay in my room the whole day and not come out and just paint. I made about 5 sketches on medium canvases and took polaroid pictures attaching them to the canvas so I wouldn't forget what I was working on, then I started working on a huge one which I decided to call 'Crystal Palace I am Not Alone'. A picture of it could not be captured so I started painting it carefully but also quickly, there wasn't much time left, only a couple of days. A number of hours later I heard a knock on my door and told them to enter. "I missed you, a few hours without seeing your face is making me depressed" Tegan said while throwing herself on my bed and observing my painting. "You should've came sooner!" I smiled back at her. "That's amazing, fuckin' A, I wish I had your skills, I have nothing!" She complained, I sensed that something was bothering her. "You have lot's of talents Tegan, like seducing every man in the universe by just looking at them, making amazing drinks, cooking, a lot of things..." I tried to cheer her up. "Yeah right" she sighed. "What's wrong?" I asked turning around and giving her a serious look. She shook her head no and put it down on the bed just laying there. I put my paintbrush in water and sat on the bed next to her, playing with her hair. "Is it that bad you don't want to tell me?" I asked worried because she nodded her head. "I missed my period..." she said in a low tone. I covered my mouth from shock, I was worried shitless. "Kay, you can't have another kid to take care of, let's go to the store and get a test" I said getting up quickly, getting my purse and everything else ready. She started crying on the bed, I ran over to her and gave her a hug. "Is....is it Trent's?" I forced myself to ask, she nodded yes. "Listen, it will be okay, don't worry. I have extra cash that we just put in the band, remember? I mean, that's if you want to abort it...if you're pregnant, maybe you're not!" I said fucking it up, I was super bad in these situations. She hugged me tightly and calmed down for a bit. "Can you ask Trent if we can use his car? I don't want to tell him" Tegan asked in a hiccuped voice. I smiled and went to find Trent. I looked around the house and I couldn't find him anywhere. I was nervous, he was a smart guy and he'll tell immediately that something is up. I walked back to my room telling Tegan that I can't find him, she said to check her room. I knocked on the door and there was no response so I opened the door to double check. Trent was sitting on the edge of the bed with his elbows on his keens and his head in his hand. Why was everyone all of a sudden so miserable? "Trent? Are you okay?" I somewhat froze and didn't know what to do or say. He nodded his head, "What do you want?" he asked still looking down at the floor, his voice was raspy and dry. "I-I um was wondering...if eh Tegan and I could borrow your car or or anyones. We uh need to go to town for ...something." I felt like slapping myself in the face, that was so obvious that we were up to something. "I actually need to go to town as well, give me a few minutes I'll come with you two" He replied in a monotone voice. "Well, actually, we'd prefer to go by ourselves...you know, girl stuff..." I let out a nervous laugh. He looked up and his eyes were red, he looked like he was crying. He gave me a confused look and asked why. I couldn't tell him. "Never-mind, I'll ask Robin if we could use his car..." I started walking out even though I heard Trent get up and walk after me. Gently he pulled me back into his room and shut the door loudly. "Okay, what the fuck is going on?" his grip on my arm was tight but didn't hurt. I stood there looking in his eyes for about three minutes not knowing what to say. Make up a lie, quick, I thought but my brain was frozen. Trent let go of my arm while still looking me in the eyes,studying me. His hand came up to my face, i felt him shaking as his fingers brushed against my cheek and down my neck. He ran his hands through my hair several times and I closed my eyes because I felt like I was floating. "I can't tell you Trent, even if I wanted to. It has to do with Tegan, nothing bad, just...something to do with her health. Please" I felt a cold tear slip down my cheek and then Trent's thumb quickly brush it away, making me opened my eyes again. He nodded yes, "Go" he placed the keys in my hand. "Thank you, well be back soon" I started walking out but I had to ask, "Are you sure you're okay?You know that I'm here if you want to talk..." I told him seriously. A big smile formed on his face and he nodded okay. With that I went out, got Tegan and quickly drove to a store to get a pregnancy test. We then went to McDonal's as she pissed on it. We waited for the result for a bit and thank god it turned out negative. We celebrated by getting Big Macs and huge sodas, I got a Happy Meal because I wanted a toy. "You know what, it's probably because you're on that stupid pill thing...it makes you all weird, right?" I said with my mouth fool which made her laugh and nod. "Thanks so much Dandi, we'll have to celebrate again when I actually get my period...should be soon." She said as we got into the car and started driving back. "Yeah, don't worry, everything will be fine. Plus if something, you can Trent would make beautiful babies" I joked and she gave me a death glare.
We got home at around 9:30. I was about to open the front door when it swung open. Trent stood there with a smirk on his face and a beer on his hand, he looked behind me, pushed me a side and started making out with Tegan. Tegan of course liked the surprise, I just rolled my eyes and walked towards the stairs that Brian was sitting on. I was angry for some reason, no not really, I was lonely, that's what it was. It was pissing me off. "Hey Dandi, wanna get drunk?" Brian asked nicely this time. Didn't sound like a bad idea so I nodded. I went to the kitchen, took out the vodka and poured myself a shot. I made a face and quickly poured myself cranberry, but then decided to take more shots. Twiggy came over and took more shots with me. I had about 6 in a row. It turned into a game. "Kay, let's see who can take more!" Brian yelled and both of the bands scattered around us, except for Tegan and Trent who were making out on the couch. "Holy shit Twig, you're getting ass whipped by a girl half your age and size!" Robin started laughing and Pogo jumped around. I took too any shots, but I didn't care. I seriously didn't know how I managed to take so many without vomiting. "Kay, fuck this I'm drunk" I announced and everyone started booing me. Twiggy yelled in happiness that he won. "What's going on?" Trent and Tegan came over to observe. "Don't let him win Dandi!" Brian said loudly so I nodded and took the bottle and started drinking. I took three sips and quickly washed it down with juice. Everyone cheered for me. "How much did you have?" Tegan asked and I shrugged telling her that I don't even remember. "Then you should stop drinking" she told me and I nodded, I was pretty drunk. Everyone went back to socializing and watching tv I sat there observing them. Jerome came over and sat next to me, realizing that I was all alone. Our conversation turned into a hot make out session, how? I don't know, but I was wasted. Jerome and I traveled to the couch and continued on making out. It never got any more than that because eventually I passed out on top of him.