Betrayal Takes Two

Heavy Heart

For the first time I have learned that roasting marshmallows was so fun I didn't want to stop. Of course if I could, I'd do it all alone, or with one other person, just for the sake of me not having a headache. The guys can get pretty fucking immature and annoying, especially when Pogo and Twiggy are together. So I sat there, trying not to scream at them. A while after we ate marshmallows, Tegan and Trent went to take a walk along the beach and I sat there quietly staring at the fire. Drunkenly, Brian crawled his body over next to mine and started staring at my face. "May I help you?" I asked uncomfortably. "Can you please, please, please at least try to socialize once while we're here at this fucking house?" He asked sounding annoyed at my silence. I looked down, somewhat getting upset at his question. "I'll be honest, I'm lacking in the social skills department." He put a small smile on his face, took a sip of his been and shrugged his shoulders. "I think you're wrong. You're good when you try... like the first time we met, wait no, the second. You were pretty fun." I let out a laugh remembering it all. I grabbed his beer and started chugging it. "I was really thirsty" I explained. "Come on, let's take a walk along the beach, maybe if we get lucky we'll see some mermaids" I said while getting up and giving him a hand. The walk was quiet for the most part, I was just sinking in everything, wishing it would never end. "Dandilion, tell me something about you, tell me a secret." Brian said out of nowhere, still looking at his feet while we walked. "What? Brian I barely know you..." he took along sigh and didn't say anything. "Why is it impossible to get to know you? You should put your fucking guard down once in a while, you know. You can't always turn people away and give some fucking lame excuse!" He was angry but also drunk, and the two never mixed well. "Well I'm fucking sorry, it's not so easy for me like it is for you!" I protected myself but that only caused him to turn around and walk back towards the house. I kicked the sand from frustration and walked after him. He walked past everyone and into the house. Once I got inside the house I saw him in the kitchen making himself a drink and ignoring me. "Brian what the fuck is your problem!" I yelled at him wanting to finish this. He grabbed his drink and went up the stairs and I followed him. He slammed his door but I quickly opened them and invited myself inside. "You know, you were not like this at all when I first met you!" I just yelled out things that I knew would pick a fight. "Get the fuck out I really don't need to hear your nonsense anymore. I'm getting tired of it." "Well you know what, I know that something inside of you is eating you up. It's so fucking obvious. You've been a dick ever since we got here and I'm not gonna leave this room until you tell me what's wrong so you can be the Brian that I first met!" It kind of just came out without me thinking it over. "Oh Dandilion you don't want to know, trust me. It's dirty and rotten and once you know about it there's no way of turning back. Let me tell you, you won't be able to ignore it because it's gonna start eating you up!" He walked back and forth in his room, occasionally giving me a look. "Oh please, I think I can handle your bullshit" I snapped back and he let out a small laugh and came towards me. "Dandi, it's no bullshit it's just reality" I made a face at him because he was starting to sound crazy. I was about to respond to what he just said but instead his lips roughly covered mine. Both of his hands cupped my face as he tried to slip his tongue inside my mouth. I felt like I was frozen for a second and I didn't know what to do. Naturally I opened my mouth and deepened the kiss. He made it rougher and with one hand he pulled me so close to his body I felt his heartbeat. He walked us back and pushed me against the wall, he must have felt me losing control over my body. He moved his lips to my neck and started sucking on it. "Brian...what the fuck" I said so quietly. "I warned you Dandilion, you can't escape it now" I felt his erection against my thigh and moaned. I unbuttoned my white blouse and revealed my lazy bra. Brian immediately cupped them, putting his hand inside my bra and squeezing my nipple. He looked up at me put his forehead against mine. "This is a big big mistake, we can't do this..." He let go of my body and started walking towards the door. "Leave Dandi" I stood there shocked with my mouth opened in surprise. "What the hell Brian!?" He didn't say anything though and just left. With tears streaming down my face I walked out of his room and headed towards mine. As I opened opened my door I saw Trent walking up the stairs. "You okay Dandi?" he asked but I quickly went into my room and locked the door. I fell on the bed and just cried, that's the only emotion that was pouring out of me. I heard knocking on the door but didn't respond. I wiped my tears and cleaned myself up in the bathroom. Grabbing my pack of cigarettes and my sketchbook I walked towards the window and slowly climbed out of the window. I tried to calm myself down as I drew things out of my imagination. I knew I should have stopped him, it was just another way to hurt me. It made me think of all my insecurities that I put away only when we kissed, I hoped everything would be fine and he wouldn't notice my flaws. I opened up and let go only to get fucked over for doing it. "Dandi?" I heard Trent's voice coming from my room. I knew he would get in, he always does. I kept silent and drawing, he'd find me eventually, always does. "You know that you could easily fall and kill yourself, right?" Trent's soothing voice made me shiver. "Oh really? If it happens it happens, fuck it." Trent sighed and crawled out of the window slowly and carefully, then sat next to me holding on to anything that was sticking out. "You were crying" he told me trying to bring it up. "I was" I kept my eyes on my paper. "Tell me what happened" he grabbed my hand and locked his fingers with mine. I looked down at it and then gave him a glare. "I let my guard down and got fucked over. So now I hate everybody twice as much as I did before" I said getting up, he released my hand and grabbed on to my arm making sure I don't fall. "I'm going home tomorrow, just letting you know" I said once he got in my room. "Oh come on Dandi, two more days, you can survive that" he said in a sad tone. "I can't, I need to be alone. I need to paint and get more money to survive. I can't be fucking around anymore" "You can hang out here alone for two more days and paint, you still need to finish this painting...and I'm going on tour soon so I'd like for us to spend more time together" I let out a laugh. "What the fuck, why do you want to spend more time with me?" He stood there with his hands in his pockets and shrugged. "You're interesting, different, you inspire me" I gave him a confused look and turned around towards my bed. "If you stay, I promise I'll take you somewhere amazing tomorrow" I laid down on my bed and observed Trent. "How amazing is it?" I asked closing my eyes and curling up into a fetus position. " So amazing that you feel like you have disappeared" I smiled getting excited. "Deal" I looked over at him and he was smiling as well. "Hey, do you mind if I hang out with you for a while? Tegan fell asleep and everyone else is just driving me insane..." he confessed. "Sure, I mean I'm pretty tired myself so I'll try my best to be entertaining" I said and he sat next to me on the bed. We ended up sharing stories from the past, he told me some of his tour stories and I told him about when I still lived my parents. The night turned out pretty much perfect and we both fell asleep next to each other.