The City Is at War

Chapter 19

"I just wanted to talk to Sabrina," Jadelyn is saying, as I run in to the kitchen.

"Oh, there you are!" she exclaims, grabbing my arm.

"I'm busy Jadelyn," I say, quietly, glancing at my mom for help.

She seems to be unsure of what to do.

"It'll only take a minute," she says, smiling brightly.

I know it's a bad idea but I sigh and let Jadelyn pull me towards the door.

"Sabrina, wait!" my mom yells, right before I walk out the door.

I smile in relief hoping, she'll tell me I can't go. She glances back and forth between Jadelyn and I before finally speaking.

"Um...I...be back soon, sweetie," she finally says.

My smile instantly fades and Jadelyn's only grows wider. She pulls me out of the house and we walk a couple of blocks in silence.

"You've been avoiding me Sabrina," she says quietly.

"I've just had a lot of plans," I lie.

Jadelyn turns toward me angrily, "the only plans you should have, are with me!" she screams, slapping me across the face.

"I'm sorry, Jadelyn," I mutter.

"You're sorry, Sabrina!? You're sorry?!" she yells incredulously, punching me in the stomach.

I double over in pain, clutching my stomach.

"Jadelyn, please, stop," I plead, backing away from her.

"Don't try to run away from me Sabrina!" she yells.

I break out into a run and make it halfway down the block before she tackles me.

"I told you not to fucking run!" she screams, punching my face twice.

Left. Right.

"How dare you leave Boston, you fucking bitch! I am going to fucking kill you!"

Jade reaches into her back pocket and pulls out a switchblade. She runs her finger over the sharp blade and rests the cold steel on my arm. I start to cry and close my eyes to try to hide the tears from her.

Suddenly, I feel Jade's weight lifted off of me and I hear...Gabe's voice. I open my eyes and see William hovering over me and I throw my arms around him.

"Sabrina, are you okay?" he asks frantically.

"Except for the fact that I'm in extreme pain, I'm great," I say sarcastically.

"We have to get you to the hospital," he mutters, still holding tightly onto me.

"No, Bill. No hospitals and no doctors," I demand, ignoring the sharp pain all over my body.

He sighs but doesn't answer and just hugs me tighter, if at all possible. Gabe on the other hand is playing the role of pissed off older brother. He's backing Jadelyn into a wall, screaming threats and curses.

"Take her to the hospital. I'll deal with Jade," Gabe orders, hardly looking at us.

"I'm not going to the hospital," I hiss.

"You're going," they say in unison.

William picks me up bridal style and kisses my forehead, "it won't be that bad."

"Bill, I'm warning you," I say slowly as my vision starts to blur.

"Sabrina, are you sure you're okay?" William asks frantically, before I completely black out.
♠ ♠ ♠
So the decreasing number of comments on each chapter is beginning to alarm me. Is this story getting worse or do you guys just not like commenting?

Thanks to To_Settle_The_Score and WelcomeToCamdenTown for always commenting. =]