Lips Like Morphine

A New Beginning

The night breeze banged the terrace doors and woke Mat with a start. He hadn’t slept long, as his skin was still glistening with sweat and his breath was still shaky and nervous.
“Jonny.” He whispered, “Jonny, wake up!” He gently shook Jonny’s shoulder and finally woke him.
“Can’t we just sleep?” Jonny yawned.
“Hey, your fault for drinking so much. I left Zacky’s about and hour ago. I wouldn’t be surprised if Forest’s about to call the cops.”
“Okay, I’m getting up.” Jonny rolled over and pulled on his clothes. Pushing himself up onto his feet, he started cleaning up a bit.
“Mat?”
“Yuh huh.” Mat replied, still buttoning his shirt.
“Where do we go from here?”
Mat didn’t answer, but it was clear he was thinking as he dragged on his boots.
“Nowhere I suppose. I’m sorry.” He sighed.
“I suppose I’d be equally disappointed if you said otherwise. It would kill Forest.” Jonny said and Mat just nodded.
“You really do love her don’t you?” Jonny asked innocently.
“Fuck yes.” Mat sighed, “And it’s killing me fersure.”
Jonny laughed for what must have been the first time in months.
“But, that makes me selfish.” Mat said.
“How?” Jonny said, utterly confused.
“Because I really love you too.” Jonny nodded and put his hand on Mat’s shoulder.
“We both need to move on, for both our sakes. What happened here, stays here. Be with Forest and make her happy – she deserves it.” Mat smiled.
“Now let’s go home 'cos I need some pills. I’ve got me a blinder.” Jonny groaned.
Mat laughed.
“Fucking piss head.”
They drove home and slipped back into friendship surprisingly easy. When they reached the house, people were still partying, but Forest sat on the rocker on the porch, biting her nails.
Yup, Mat thought, she’s panicking.
As the car pulled up, she jumped up to greet them. Jonny could she the relief on her face and the love in her eyes.
He looked at Mat as he turned off the engine and saw that love reflected.
Jonny rolled his shoulders and breathed deeply.
“When you step out he car, start afresh.” He mumbled to himself.
And he did exactly that.
He walked behind as Mat ran at Forest.
“Oh no you fucking well don’t!” Forest warned but Mat just grinned and pulled her down onto the wet grass.
Jonny burst into tears laughing as he watched them roll around, fighting like kids, until Mat managed to pin Forest to the floor and kiss her.
“Bitch.” Forest smiled.
“Yeh well, you love it.” Mat brushed his lips against hers again, then pulled her up.
“And you Mr Radtke,” Forest looked at Jonny as a teacher would to a badly behaved pupil.
“You are in trouble.” Jonny just gave her a cheeky grin and hugged her.
“Thanks for sending out the cavalry my fair queen."
“Aww get off me Jonny.” She muttered and just smiled at him and squeezed his hands.
“Just don’t fuck off again like that. I’ve aged 40 years with worry!"
“Still look damn good to me.” Mat winked as he took her arm. Forest linked her other arm through Jonny’s before Mat led her back to the house.
They walked back in to a cheer and then everyone went into a loud sing-song of 'Friday, I’m In Love' by The Cure.
“Why are they singing that?” Mat muttered to Forest’s ear.
“I don’t know Mathew. Just smile at the crazy people."
More alcohol was consumed and a few people made some drunken speeches about how they loved Mat and Forest, and how they couldn’t wait to be uncles, aunts, godparents, and when Max took his turn of talking, he ended his speech with a proposal for Korkee.
“Everyone’s getting married now!” Jonny said to Forest, who stood holding his hand, as Mat had gone to separate Zacky and ‘Syn’, who were squabbling over a bottle of beer.
“Forest,” Dan stumbled to Forest, “Forget Mat. Let me go up, make another speech and I’ll announce you and me are gonna get hitched.”
Forest laughed and wrapped an arm around his waist, so then he stood next to her to watch the last few speeches.
“Let Mat think he’s got me for a couple of years, then you, me, Greg and Jonny will runaway to the Caribbean with all Mat’s money and we’ll spend the rest of our days having group sex and drinking rum.”
“I’ll hold you to that!” Dan laughed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ahaha.
How Legend Is That Last Bit?!

Anyway, Let's Hope Mat And Jonny Can Keep Their Hands Off Each Other..!