Thank You, Gravity

Bye... For good

It hasn't even been an hour since dad, Frankie and Kevin have gotten home and already I want them all to leave. I love them all, but dad gets so annoying after awhile, saying that I should have healthier food in the house, that Nick should have his own bed or something while they are there, he was just getting out of hand when it came to telling me what to do.

"Joe, you should really clean a little better." Dad says when he pulls a box of junk out from under the TV. This is really the last thing I could take, I am twenty-one years old, I know how to take care of my self and Nick can take care of himself too. I just started to walk away as dad continued to call my name. I slammed my door shut, causing Nick who was lying on my bed to jump. I completely ignore him and jump onto the bed, throwing the pillows over my face.

"Joe, come out here now!" Dad yells and opens the door. He nicely asks Nick to leave, and of course Nick doesn't want to have problems with dad like I did, so he leave. He starts to ramble on about responsibility and more shit that I really don't care about. I don't need him in my life right now, all I need is him to be gone, just have them all leave me here alone with Nick.

"Just leave dad, I don't need you here!' I finally snapped.

"Joseph, don't talk to me in that tone. You need help here, you aren't taking care of yourself, nor are you taking care of Nick." That was the last of being able to listen with out yelling back.

"I am taking care of myself and Nick isn't my responsibility! Sure I love him staying here but still he is your son, not mine!" I yell and head towards the door. I was such a coward, running away from my problems, but I didn't care. My dad quickly grabs my wrist and wouldn't let me continue out of the hall.

"Do you think that I don't know he is my son. And so are you. You just aren't taking care of yourself, you can't live off of the money you made from the band. You need a job, go to school, then maybe you could really take care of yourself."

So, I don't have a job, neither does Nick, and he has no college plans for this September.

"Just get the fuck out of my house if you are going to keep telling me what I am doing wrong. I can figure it out on my own." This caused my dad to slap my across the face. I winced, but I was used to him slapping me.

"Fine, just don't come to me untill you learn to respect me." He screams. I guess yelling at him wasn't that nice but it's not polite to come to someone else's home, your son's or not, and say that they are doing everything wrong and are going to end up on the streets or something.

I don't say anything, I just leave.

Still mad as hell, I climb into my car and turned the keys angrily. I just sit there for a moment, taking deep breaths. Don't drive when you're angry.... It'll get you in an accident.Not like I really cared right now. Hell, I was considering driving my car right into Dad's. Inhale, exhale. When I was calmed down enough, I started the car and backed out of the parking lot.

He can't tell me what do to - I don't live under his roof anymore. I don't care if he's my dad.I know exactly where I'm going, and I silently curse my father out in my mind as I speed to my destination.

Slamming to a stop in the parking lot, and still ready to punch out the first person I see, I bang through the front doors, shoving roughly through the crowd of men and sit down at the front of the bar between two men. The bar has hardly anyone in it since its only the morning, just two other guys. There's one guy passed out in his chair, flopped down on the counter.

A cup is immediately slammed down in front of me and Nathan asks for my ID. I roll my eyes, even though he knows I'm of age, and hand it to him.

"What's up with you, Joe? You look like crap." he asks, his tone more insulting than concerned. I glare at him, taking the cup as he hands me back my ID, before taking a slug of the much-needed drink.

"Family issues," I mumble. I wipe my mouth and put the drink down. He looks at me with a questioning expression but says nothing more. I lean my head back and gulp down the whole cup, slamming it back on the table, asking for more as I dump some money on the counter. He carefully counts it and fills my glass up, sliding it back to me.

"Haven't seen you in here for a while," Nathan commented, wiping the inside of a glass with a towel before pouring some beer into it and giving it to the guy next to me.

"I'm trying to cut back," I mutter.

"You're not quitten' on me, Joe?" Nathan has a slight growl in his voice. I shake my head, taking another slug. My mind doesn't even register that I'm breaking my promise to Nick, but if it had I doubt I've had cared.