Thank You, Gravity

I Miss Him, But Can't Have Him

Nick's P.O.V

It's pretty late and Joe isn't home yet, I'm worried about him. I'm now at his apartment alone, Dad had left with Frankie; he told me that he would stay in touch with me, and that if I wanted to, I could go with him instead of staying with Joe. I can never leave Joe. Or well, that's what I'm thinking until the door opens and pulls me out of my thoughts.

Joe stumbles into the door, obviously drunk. A guy is helping him walk into the house. I just silently watch from Joe's room, the door was cracked open a bit.

I can't believe that Joe went out and got drunk again! I should of known that he wasn't going to keep that promise. I'm not 't gonna let him talk this time, and pretend he will actually stop for me. I know it's late but I quickly call my dad and let him know that I am on my way to the hotel. Dad had gotten pissed off at Joe and decided to stay somewhere else - which I didn't blame him for. I don't want to stay with a drunken Joe and whoever he was with at the moment.

--

"Are you sure you don't want to talk about it?" Dad won't stop asking me what happened. I can't tell him that Joe promised me that he wouldn't drink. There are things that Dad doesn't need to know, and this is one of them.

"Yeah, it's stupid and between Joe and I only." I say, pulling the blanket over my head. I'm not in my own bed still, I had to share with Frankie. I'm starting to miss Joe's arms around me, kissing him, just being with him but he broke his promise to me, and I couldn't forgive him.

The next morning I wake up to my cell phone ringing, it's Joe's ringtone. I ignore it. I have left him a note when I left saying I was with Dad, if he really wanted to talk to me he'll forget about dad and come and talk to me in person.

I'm just coming out of the hotel room. I really have no place to go, but then someone grabs my wrist and pulls me into another room.

The person's lips crash onto mine, and he [who I figured had to be Joe] pushed me onto the bed. I slowly pushed him away and stood up. He looked so confused when I stood up and glared at him, then just walked out of the room. Could he not remember that he came home drunk last night, with some random guy, after he promised that he'd stay sober for me?