Thank You, Gravity

You Can't Separate Us.

I lie by Nick's side on the bed, snuggling into the sheets. Half awake, I roll over and put my arm around Nick, watching him sleep.

Suddenly I hear knocking at the door. Both of us are still bare in bed and I shake Nick awake. "Someone's here!"

Nick's eyes shoot open as we hear more knocks. I throw the covers aside and toss.a random pair of boxers and a shirt Nick, pulling some on myself and running to the door.

"Hi." I glower at my dad.

"We came to say goodbye." Dad says. "Why aren't you dressed?"

"Slept late." I muttered. Dad stares at me.

"Jesus, Jospeh, have you been drinking??" I probably still smell like beer and sex, I havn't bothered to shower or brush.

"Yeah."

"Are you hungover?" Dad spits. I exhaled deeply. "I told you not to drink! Where's Nicholas?"

"I'm twentyone, you can't expect me not to!!"

Dad stared at me icily. "I don't think Nick should be staying here. You're unstable."

Here we go again. "Unstable? What does that even mean? I'm taking care of him, Dad! Why do you keep doubting me?!" Suddenly I'm furious.

"It's not a good enviornment!!"

"And what is? Living across the country with you?" I retaliate. Dad just comes in here and decides to take Nick with him? He can't do that!

"Dad, Joe, stop," Nick interjects. "Dad, I want to stay." he says firmly.

"Joe can hardly support himself."

"I'm almost 18, Dad, I can take care of myself. I don't want to leave."

Dad looks frusturated as he glares at Nick. "I want you to come with me. It's.my decision and it's been made."

"I'll get a plane ticket and come back the minute we get there."

"You will NOT."

"I'm almost an adult! I can stay where I want!!" Nick shouts.

"You're still a kid."

"Dad! Nick is happy here! I'm taking care of him, making sure he takes his medicine, I'm responsible!" I defend the both of us. He can't take Nick just like that! "We even both have jobs again!" The last part is a lie, but it might help.

Dad glowers at me before Nick. "You are coming back with me tomorrow, and that's that!!" he roars. I blink away a tear.

"Dad..."

"Go pack. We are leaving tomorrow." Dad slams the door. I sit on the couch and cry. How could he do this??? Take Nick away just like that.

"He can't take you!" I exclaim. "This is...all...my fault..." I sniffle. Nick sits down and I pull him close.

"We can't do anything about it." Nick whimpers.

"God, Nick, I'm sorry. If I hadn't drank this may not be happening."

"I love you, he can't separate us, Joe." Nick sniffles. "But right now we can't do anything."

"If only he knew... we have to tell him." I say slowly.

"What? No!" Nick stares at me. "He'd disown us!"

"That might be a good thing." I state.

"We'd be dead." Nick whispers. He gives me a kiss on the cheek. "Help me pack?" he asks solemnly. I nod and we head to his room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please excuse any spelling mistakes. I wrote this on a cell phone keypad since my laptop is being a bitch. Thanks :)