Thank You, Gravity

What About Kevin?

Packing is definitely one of the hardest things for me to do. After all the times I told Joe I was going to leave, I always stayed. I dont't want to leave. Dad can't make me stay for long, I was turning 18 in the next few weeks, after that I'll be gone, and back here.

"You can't leave." Joe whispers and wrapped his arms around me. I sigh as I fold up a sweater and put it in the suitcase.

"We can't do anything about it." I whisper. "This isn't my decision, it's Dad's. Do you think that I'd leave if it was my choice? -- Wait, don't answer that, but I'd rather stay here and then go and live with Dad. If telling him is the only way that we can be together, then maybe... maybe we could plan on telling him."

I've been thinking about it all day since Dad left. If he knew, sure, he'd never come see us again. He'd be too disgusted. We'd never see Frankie until he turned eighteen, but it wouldn't matter because I would be able to stay with Joe.

"No, you were right about it being a bad idea. He'd kill us, maybe we could think of something... what about Kevin?" I suggest hesitantly. Joe looks at me?

"What do you mean?"

Could I go to live with Kevin? Sure that's only a half hour away but it's still pretty far. Also, does Dad trust Kevin? Sure he's twenty-three, but who knows what he does when he isn't around?

"Move in with him, you could always then come back here and live here until Dad comes to check in on you, then you just need to bring some stuff to make it look all like your room and stuff."

Joe had a really wanted this to work, but what will happen if Dad doesn't want me staying with Kevin?

---

"Nicholas, you are coming and that's final." Dad said and grabs the last of my things. We didn't even know why Dad was going back there, he said for work but there has to be something else.

"Fine, let me talk to Joe for a minute and I'll be in the car." I answer in an annoyed tone. I turn and run up to the room where Joe was watching me leave from. Not bothering to shut the door, I run up to Joe and push him down onto the bed, pressing my lips against his. Being able to kiss him is something I am going to miss. He deepens the kiss, but then pushes him away.

Suddenly I feel like someone is watching us. The doors are open, I hope it is Dad if anyone. He'll see this and either make Nick leave faster or let him stay since he is disgusted by us.

"Nick, we are leaving now!" Dad yella, sounding even more pissed off then normal.

"I love you." Nick kissea me for the last time, and walks out of the apartment. Out to go to California.


Nick's P.O.V

Dad kept giving me these looks that so could kill someone, he looked like he didn't want to be near me. He was probably just mad that I decided I rather live with Joe and not him.

"Nick, why do you hate me so much?"

"Dad, I don't hate you it's just, you know Joe is my brother and you are giving him all this shit about how he's not responsible and stuff, why don't you just leave him. You and mom raised him enough where he should be able to stand on his own, no matter how much he messes up." It was true, when mom was around she didn't want anything to happen. I still think up to this day that she knew about what Joe and I were doing and was happy but disappointed in us at the same time.

"Well, if he was responsible enough he would be in college, getting a good job, have a girlfriend and be ready to settal down someday. What is he doing now? Going out drinking, living off the money the band made, and where is the sweet girlfriend that he should have, you replace her?" Dad knew, I ignored the questions he asked durning the plane ride, and thought about what he was going to do when we landed and got to his house.