Thank You, Gravity

Silences

Joe's P.O.V

Trying not to think of the horrible past, I slowly finish carrying Nick's boxes up to the once empty room of my apartment.Living with him will really be an something. We used to be together, but we ended it because people were going to find out. I really don't want him to keep on thinking back on to what happened. I was heartbroken over Mom, but I knew I couldn't let it take over my life. She wouldn't want that. The only thing that made his mood worse was the sympathy that the family gave, it isn't needed it only makes him feel worse then he does.

I decide to let him be when he is finally moved in completely. He goes up to his room and I decide to cook dinner for both of us. It hurts that he isn't talking about any of this with me, but he can come out with whatever it is whenever he is ready. With my cooking skills, cooking the meal consists of defrosting and cooking already cooked food. I really want to just spend time with him after dinner, just to make sure he is positively okay.

When I feel that it's been enough time, I go down the hall to Nick's room and came back to have dinner with him, a very silent dinner. The silent isn't that bad, more of calming in a strange way. I know that Nick will just go back upstairs after dinner, which I don't want him to lock himself up forever.

"Nick, you want to hang out after dinner?" Breaking the calm silence and turning it into an awkward one, Nick just looks over at me, not saying anything. Almost as he couldn't talk, he just shrugs and starts to get up. I quickly stop him. I put my arm around him and lead him toward the living room. At first he tries to walk the opposite way to the hall, I block him and and forcw him towards the couch. Silently he sits on the couch and I just turns on the TV, which broke the awkward silence.

I turn to look at Nick, who is looking back at me. I see tears start to come into his eyes, not wanting to cry, he blinks them away and looks down. I slowly move my hand touching his chin and turning his face towards me, tears slowly slide down his face and he tries to look away. I don't let his face go, and slowly move closer to him. Only centimeters away from his face, Nick opens his mouth to say something that is cut off by my lips. He slowly kisses back, but stops as my tongue tries to get into his mouth. He pulls away.

"This, it... this can't happen right now." Nick quickly gets up and goes to his room leaving me completely confused and hurt from his actions.