Thank You, Gravity

Not Anymore...

"Nicholas get the door!" Dad yells. He's thrown me a party for my birthday, but I've been miserable all day. All of these random girls are there, not really people I know. My 'girlfriend', she was meeting Kevin. My dad was little less annoyed with me because of her, thankfully.

I go to open but look through the peep hole first. It's Joe! I make sure that our dad is out of the room and open the door. Joe hurries up to me and hugs me, I lean up and press my lips against his. I have kissed my fake girlfriend and best friend, but I never liked it as much as Joe's lips. I don't care that everyone can see us.

"Nicholas, who is..." Dad starts to ask, and then his eyes rest on Joe. "Joseph, get out!" Dad yells and storms up to us. We're both going to die.

"Dad, you can't kick him out. I want him here and I don't need to listen to you!" I yell, standing my ground and holding Joe's hands. He's getting mad. I hear everyone go quite and whimpers come from Frankie. He hates it when we fight. he's never going to trust any of us when he's older. I run up to him but he run up to his room. I just follow him, running away from Dad and Joe. He needs to understand everything.

--

"Frankie, can I talk to you?" I slowly open his door, he's on his bed in tears. He has been through so much these past weeks and I needed to everything better.

"W-why.. are y-you and-d daddy yell-ling at at Joe?" He's shaking he's so scared. I don't know how to tell him that I am in love with Joe, he won't understand that we don't care how wrong it is.

"Joe and Dad don't get along anymore. It just happened, and I love Joe and I don't want dad to make my decision on if I could see him or not." I hope he understands that, but before he can respond, Dad comes up, and comes into Frankie's room. He grabs my wrist and drags me to my bedroom, making my arm bend painfully.

"You are not to see him anymore, you will go out with your girlfriend for how ever long I am around. I don't want to see you with him or any other guy. Do you know how wrong that is? Do you really want to be a disgrace to both me and your mother? If she was still around she'd be disappointed in you. Hell, she probably is looking down on you and your brother in disgust. You also should apologize for the way you have been acting. You are scaring Frankie and I also don't want him to turn out like you or Joe." He pushes me down roughly onto the floor and leaves. There are a few bruises on my arm from where he grabbed me but that was all.

I get off the floor, holding my wrist gently. It hurts and it's lined in red. I look out the window, and see Joe on the tree that reached it. I open it up and let him in, locking my door. I push him down on my bed.

"I'm leaving with you tonight, let's just forget that Dad is here." I say and press my lips to his. The kiss gets deeper within seconds, but Dad starts to pound on the door. Ignoring his yells, I move down to Joe's neck, kissing and biting it making him moan loudly. Dad's quiet, but he's listening to us.

I slide my shirt off and run my hands under Joe's and take his off as well. Dad starts to pound on the door again,but still ignoring it Joe moved and got on top of me, running his tongue over my neck.

"Joe, get out here!" Dad screams, not daring to come into the room. watching from the door. Dad storms down the stairs, pushing Joe in front of him. "Get out of my house!! You've soiled this family's good name! Get out!" he keeps shouting, shoving Joe out the door.

I brush out of the door, running down the stairs after him. Dad turns to me. "Go back to your room!" he orders. I don't move, keeping my feet on the ground. Joe's out of the house, but I know he hasn't left me. Everyone at the party is staring at us.

"I hate you!" I scream, starting to cry. "You're ruining my life and I'm going back with Joe tonight!" Dad slaps me. I wince.

"You will do no such thing, Nicholas, now you go to your room!" Dad orders again. I turn on my heel and stomp through the hall, into the kitchen. Starting to cry, I pour a big glass of Diet Coke and chug it down.

"You alright?" one of my best friend, Clarik, asks. He's a total hippie, he's never disapproved of Joe and my relationship. Not the gayness or the incest. I shake my head, dropping the cup bak on the counter. A bunch of my friends are now trying to talk to me, asking if I'm alright, I just ignore them and go up to Frankie's room again.

"Frank?" I ask softly. He's sitting on his bed, playing with his Gameboy and when he sees me he looks away, moving away from me onto the edge of the bed. "Frankie, it's just me..." I whisper. He looks at me fearfully.

"Why is everybody yelling? Why doesn't Dad want Joe here?"

I sigh. Frankie is eleven, I could tell him now, but I think I should wait till he's older. "Joe and Dad just don't get along, Frankie."

"What about you? He was yelling at you."

"Dad's really mad at me right now." I wish he would stop asking questions, I can't explain to him that I was in love with Joe. He'd never get it.

"Okay.." he muttered, "But can you guys stop fighting?"

"I'm leaving tonight, Frankster, so you won't have to worry about that."

"Why are you leaving...?"

"I jut want to go back to New Jersey. I love you, Frank." I smile, sitting on the edge of his bunk and giving him a little hug. "I'll miss you. Do you want cake and pizza?" Frankie smiles and hops off the bed, following me down into the kitchen.

Of course, all my friends are asking me if I'm okay, I just ignore them and head for the kitchen where the pizza is. Dad grabs my already bruised wrist roughly. He drags me away from the party, again, and into the living room.

"I'm extremely ashamed of you both, Nicholas." he spat harshly. "You're both damned to hell and I hope you enjoy it. Do you know how fucking wrong what you two are doing is--?"

"Shut up, Dad! I don't care how wrong it is! Just leave me alone. you're not making this any better!" I yank my hand away from him, even though he keeps yelling I run outside. Joe's waiting in his car. I guess he figured I'd come back outside. I sat down in the car and he started driving. We didn't really plan on going anywhere, we just started driving around the town.

"Look, Nick, I've been thinking," he finally says. "I... I don't think we should do this anymore."