Thank You, Gravity

Not Gonna Deal

The Next Evening

I had started to bring the important things Nick needs to my car early this morning while dad was asleep. Nick and I have already talked to Frankie about us leaving and that he will see us again, he didn't take it so well but we know he won't tell dad.

Frankie has also broken the news to us that his best friend Alex - Peyton's son - isn't his friend anymore and that he hasn't been for the past few months. Everything started to turn to Dad cheating but I decided to forget about what dad is doing and to think about leaving.

"Where do you think you are going?"

"Uh, well... you know.. a place." Dad stops Nick with my last box in his hands, grabbing his wrist so he has to topple the box on one arm. He'll kill Nick if he knew he was going back to my place.

"You better not be going back to Joe's, I told you that you couldn't go back to him." Dad says sternly as Nick tries to pull his wrist away.

"Well, you have Peyton move in. Then you won't miss me much." He says flatly, and leaves to the car. He has his hand on the door when dad stops him again.

"What I do with Peyton is none of your business. You have no clue what you are talking about. I am not getting over your mother too fast and I'm not moving too fast with Peyton. You were too busy with your stupid fucked up relationships to see what was going on between your mother and I! So you either leave and plan on never coming back and I really don't care, but if you do, don't try to come back."

Nick joins me in the front and takes the passenger seat. He holds his wrist up to the window, looking at the rings of purple bruises around them. I feel for him.

We arrive home around 11 PM, and we’re both so tired we head straight to bed. I’m about to turn into my room when Nick grabs my shirt and pulls me into his. We fall onto the bed, exhausted, and not even bothering to change. I drape my arm over Nick’s body and fall asleep right away. In these past two weeks I had gotten no sleep, since he hadn’t been with me.


The Following Morning

I wake up to something pressing against my lips and I smirk, opening my eyes as Nick pulls away and grins at me. “I missed you,” he whispers.

“Me too,” I smile, pulling him into another kiss. I run my tongue over his bottom lip and he opens his mouth, allowing me access as he pokes his own tongue between my lips. I close my eyes and moan slightly as his hand goes behind my head and his tongue twirls around mine.

We both pull away after almost a minute. “Come on, let’s go make breakfast,” I say. Getting up, I look at the clock and se it’s almost two. Breakfast for lunch.

After poking around in the fridge for a while, I find no pancake mix, but brownie mix. The special sugar free ones I had bought when Nick first moved in. “Wanna make brownies?” I ask hyperly, pushing the box in his face.

“Yesss,” Nick smiles, taking the box. I get a pan out from the cabinet under the counter and put it on top. He tears open the packaging and dumps the brown powder into the bowl. We mix in the eggs, oil and water and Nick starts mixing it up. I put my chin on his shoulder and wrap my arms around the front of his waist and watch him as he mixes it up. I tap my hand on his stomach and kiss the spot behind his ear. He shivers and smiles. “Stop, for a minute, just so I can mix this?” he says. I nod, pushing away from him as he pounds on the mixture, mixing it a little more and then pours the brown goo into the pan.

I take the pan and stick it in the oven, starting the timer. “Now,” he says when I turn back around to face him, “Come here.” he grabs my hand and pulls me through the kitchen, falling onto the couch with me on top of him. “I missed you,” he smiles, pushing a hair out of my face. I shift my body so I’m not crushing him and say “Me, too. Did you have fun at Dad’s?”

Nick scoffed. “Are you kidding? He doesn’t understand anything. He wasn’t happy about you and me. That’s obvious.”

“Aw, Nicky, I’m sorry,” I sigh, moving my hand under his neck. He smiles and shakes his head. “I’m back now,” he smirks, raising his eyebrows. I smile and tap my fingers on his chest. He grips the hem of my shirt and I lift myself up on my hands, letting him pull it up over my chest and then I pull it off the rest of the way. Nick runs his fingers over my chest slowly, down my chest and stomach, patting his hand right above the waistline on my jeans. It tickles and I smile, leaning in to kiss him again.

His hand goes to the back of my neck, pulling me into a deeper kiss.

The oven beeps, jerking both of us back to attention. I lift myself up off of Nick, standing up off the couch. He gets up after me and hurries to the oven. He pulls the pan out and sets it on the counter as the whole room starts to smell like chocolate. I sink the fork into them, slicing them up. We each grab a slice and dive into it, burning our mouths.