Thank You, Gravity

A Loveless Bush

A couple days later, Joe and I are showering. I stand with my back to him, under the water as we take turns passing the soap and shampoo back and forth. After sharing many kisses, among other things, it's time to do what showers are actually meant for.

We both manage to clean our bodies off, and I reach for the shampoo on the side of the tub, squirting a bunch into my hand and lathering it into my hair. I turn back around to face the little mirror inside the shower, scrunching up my hair and distributing the shampoo.

Joe laughs slightly, wrinkling his nose at me and smirking.

"What?"

“You need to cut that thing," he states. I look at him in confusion.

"What thing?"

"That bush on your head," Joe remarks, pulling at a clump of my hair.

"Ow," I mutter, smacking his hand away. "My hair looks fine." I defend myself, proud of my hair, and not wanting to cut it. Not even for Joe. But Joe disagrees.

"You look like a girl!" he teases pointedly. I roll my eyes, stepping under the water again. "You need to cut it," he insists.

I stick my lower lip out. "Shut up."

Thinking about what he said, but ignoring him, I wash my hair out as much as I can before I use the conditioner. "Dude, it's like, to your shoulders," Joe insists. I exhale in slight anger.

"So is yours."

"Well yours is curly. Which makes it twice as long."

"What am I supposed to do about that?" I glower.

“Cut it, possibly?" Joe says it like I'm an idiot.

"Blah." I mutter, rinsing the conditioner out. I rake my hands through my hair, getting all the suds out as I think about it. I guess it is too long. But I don't want to cut it! My hair's clean now, and I step out from under the water and over the tub, pulling a towel off the rack and wrapping it around my waist. I hear the water stop running and Joe steps out, looking slightly concerned. "Nick? I'm sorry.."

"Whatever," I breathe out a relaxed sigh. I take a whiff of the air and pull the still-naked Joe towards me. "You smell pretty," I mumble into his neck, inhaling the scent of the floral shampoo he’s applied. Joe tilts his head, making it easier for me to nuzzle his shoulder. He pulls away, smirking at me.

“Cut your hair,” he tells me.

“No, Joe! Jesus!” I huff.

“I’m not gonna kiss you till you cut it,” he smiles at me, pulling away.

“You can’t keep that promise,” I smirk pointedly, raising my eyebrows at him and smiling thinly.

“Watch me,” he grins, pushing gently past me. He flicks his hand at me, waving, and prances out of the bathroom.

--------------------

Its been three days, and Joe hasn't kissed me once. I've been trying to get him to kiss me but he wasn't going to cave.

"Come on Joe, this is stupid. You never had a problem with my hair before." I complains and sits on Joe's lap facing him.

"I never noticed how long it was before a few days ago." He mutters.

"Well, I've been thinking. You say you won't kiss me, but what if I kiss you?" I ask huskily, and start to leave kisses on the skin that his black V-neck shirt leaves exposed. I's seducing me. Joe shivers every time, but he isn't going to give in.

"Enough!" He finally gasps. "Lets forget about touching me and go visit Kevin. I haven't heard from him since he was freaking out about Peyton." He finally says.

I groan but get up and agree.

--

An hour later we're at Kevin's apartment. There are a few unfamiliar cars in the parking lot. We knew most of the people here from the random times we'd decided that visiting Kevin would be nice instead of him coming over and walking in on us doing things he didn't need or want to see.

"Kevin!" I yell as loud as possible when we walk into the living room.

Listening, we hear movement back towards his bed room. Not knowing what we would see, Nick pushes me towards the hall and we definitely are going to walk into something that neither of us want to see.

I slowly open the door, and find it relatively safe. Kevin still has his jeans on and the girl has her bra and underwear on.

"Yo, dudes, get out!!" Kevin yells and I shut the door quickly.

Not even two seconds later, Kevin emerges from the room, clothed. He glares at both of us and pointed us to the direction of his kitchen.

"Why are you two here?"

"He won't kiss me." I pout.

That's all that is said, and it leads to Kevin smacking me over the head. We're arguing about how it is rude for people to come over without any warning and the girl Kevin was with comes out of the other room, clothed.

"Don't tell me you are going to freak out about these two like your dad did."

It is Peyton.