Thank You, Gravity

Vists and Parting

"Dad? He actually cares about us?"

"Yeah, he's so annoying when he's worried. He is scared for you guys. He never had time for me. He is always making sure that Frankie doesn't end up as fucked up as you guys are. That's where Kevin comes in. He was having sex with my cousin and then my aunt found out and kicked him out."

I listen to Peyton talk about how amazing Kevin was and it got really boring. I keep thinking about a horrible idea, but I was going to go through with it.

After Peyton gets on to the topic of how she was mad at us for interrupting her and Kevin both Joe and I decide that we would be safe at home. Maybe now he'll decide to kiss me.

--

"We should see dad." I say flatly and lie across our bed.

"No, that would be horrible!" Joe looks at me like I'm crazy. "You heard Peyton! He's making sure Frankie isn't screwed up. That he is going to be with a nice girl and not be unemployed and almost out of money." Joe looks at me like I'm crazy, and he started tensing up at the mention of our father. (Joe is going broke. As much as the money had seemed to be, the few million dollars that Joe has had saved was running dry. We both can easily get jobs. There are plenty of stores around the town that we can work at. We've worked with business type things while an band, a simple job working a cash register shouldn't be so hard.)

"I know that money has been tight, we need to save my money for things and maybe we should get jobs." He suggests and wraps his arms around my waist. "Before we splurge on airfare."

"Yeah, but after we go see Dad. I have this feeling that we really need to go there and soon." I lean and fall back on the bed and he climbs ontop of me.

"You know, the only part about being in the same time zone as Dad is I can't do this." He whispers, going off subject, and his lips linger less than an inch away from mine.

He pressed his lips on mine, and I pull away.

"What about my hair?" I ask.

"You are getting it cut tomorrow." He says and kissed me again. Yeah, like I would part with my beautiful hair.