Thank You, Gravity

They Don't Love Eachother

I had no clue what to say to him. We can't just come out saying, "Okay, so Frankie, Joe and I are dating and it's completely wrong to some people like dad for example." That could work, but maybe Joe should start talking first.

"Frankie, I love Nick." Joe says simpily.

"Yeah, I love both of you. You guys are my brothers." Frankie says.

Joe's an idiot at times - no duh, family is supposed to love each other. I'm sitting far from both of them, still thinking of how all of this might end. This can lead to us never seeing Frankie again, to him hating us as much as Dad does.

"Yeah, well... Frankie, We love each other in a different way." Joe starts to explain as the door bangs open.

"You two, leave. You don't need to screw up his mind about telling him about this," Dad yells, storming into the room. He stomps up to the bed and and grabbs my wrist tightly, trying to pull me up off the bed.

I try to pull my arm back, but it causes him to pull on me harder. I let out a small whimper from how much he was hurting me. He always goes after me, never Joe.

"Dad, you're hurting him. Let him go, Frankie wants us to explain and that's what we are going to do!" Joe yells, in a voice that even sounds scary to me. Dad throws me to the ground and starts towards the door.

"Fine, turn your whole family against you. If your mother was still around she would of kicked you both out long ago! I hope your fucked up little relationship is worth it," He roars, and slamms the door as he leaves.

We both just sit on the bed with Frankie, none of us say a word for a few minutes.

"So, you still need to explain." Frankie says and I hear Joe sigh deeply.

"We do love each other because we are brothers but, the thing is its also like... like Mom and Dad loved each other. I .. I love Nick more than a brother, and I know it's wrong but I don't care.." Joe states, just saying it flat-out.

"Mom and dad didn't love each other. Dad was with Peyton for a long time before mom died." Frankie informs us simply, still looking confused.

How could Frankie know this? Dad seemed like he loved Mom... until she died, then, he changed.

"Frank, Peyton's not with her anymore. She was with Kevin last time I saw," I finally speak to him.

"Yeah they are. She said she had to go somewhere for work so she probably wouldn't be able to call him much. Oh, and I don't think you guys are messed up. I still care about you guys," he says, and I sigh with relief. Frankie is a smart kid, and he doesn't feel to judge us.

"Dad.. still cares," Joe says quietly. "He just knows that what we are doing is wrong and that no one should be like this with their brothers. We don't care what anyone thinks, but Dad is different, him and mom both raised us so we wouldn't be like this, but we can't help it." he murmurs. I think he's on the verge of tears, and Frankie hugs the both of us when he's done talking.

He doesn't care that we are together, he probably still didn't understand what was going on but knowing he wasn't going to be like Dad really helped make this become easier.

We hang out with Frankie for the rest of the day, not daring to talk to Dad yet. Joe and I have gotten a hotel room, and Frankie begs to stay with us for the night.

"Frank, you can't. Dad won't let you stay with us." I tell him with a sigh.

"Please!" He whines as Dad comes into the room. "Pleasepleaseplease?"

"Frankie, why are you whining?" He asks, clearly annoyed that his only 'not-screwed-up' son was talking to us. Frankie starts to tell him that he didn't care what he said about us, and that we were his brothers and that Dad can't tell him that he couldn't see us.

"Fine, go but if I find out you did anything in front of him, I will make sure the next time you try to see him that both your asses are sent straight to jail." Dad threatens harshly, and we just leave with Frankie after he gets some stuff packed.

Joe and I could handle one night with out being near each other. Well, I hope we can.