Thank You, Gravity

Swimmingly Opposite Kissing

We get to the hotel, which is only ten minutes away from the house. We and Frankie are both really happy to have him with us, I had missed him so much in the past couple months. I keep thinking about what he said about Dad, though. How long was he with Peyton before Mom died? I want to ask him this, but I decide against it and just let it drift out of my mind for a while. We can at least enjoy the beach while we're here.

I don't have to think about it for long as we get to the hotel room soon. I drop Frankie's bag that I had been carrying onto the bed, and walk over to the sliding glass door that leads to the balcony. With a small sigh I walk outside, and am greeted by a breeze and the smell of salt. I lean over the edge and look along the beachfront view. Nick joins me.

"You alright?" he asks softly, brushing his lips against my cheek quickly, so Frankie won't see. I blush like I always do when he kisses me, and nod with a thankful smile to him. I push myself off the railing and go back into the room.

"Wanna go to the pool, Frankster?" I ask, brightening the mood a little. I had told him to pack swimming trunks so we could go swimming, and he agrees and goes to the bathroom to change into them. Nick and I don't even bother, we just change into ours in the room. We've already seen each other naked.

"You did good," Nick tells me gently, kissing me on the lips when we're gone changing. I almost get lost in the moment and quickly shove him away when I hear the bathroom door open. Luckily, Frankie doesn't catch us and he doesn't suspect anything. It might not be too bad having him know.

We run outside to the pool, and I'm eager to do anything that will get my mind of Nick and our current situation.

--------------------

After a dinner of french fries from McDonalds, (I know, awesome, right?) we go back to the hotel to go to sleep. It's late and we've done a whole day of going to the pool, and seeing a movie. It's so nice to bond with Frankie again just like we used to before all this happened. And who doesn't love the beach??

There's two beds, so Frankie gets one of them and I share the other one with Nick. We don't cuddle like we usually do in bed, since Frankie's here and we can't do anything cute. But while Frankie goes into the bathroom to brush his teeth and change and take a shower, I seize the opportunity. Nick's lying on his back on the bed and I straddle him on my stomach, pushing some hair out of his face before I kiss the top of his nose. Nick smiles and lifts his head up to make our lips connect.

"I'm proud of you," he murmurs, breaking the kiss. Just in time, I hear the run of the shower water stop in the bathroom and I lift up off of him, pretending to be reading a book when Frankie comes out.

We face opposite ways to sleep, and it kind of feels weird to have him in bed with me but not touching me.

I don't sleep very well. I think about Dad and Frankie and what's going to happen next. The next morning I'm really tired, and almost looking forward to going home the day after tomorrow. We have to drop Frankie back off at Dad's house today, and I'm not looking forward to that either.

We spend the last couple hours of the morning at the beach and playing with Frankie and buying Slurpees, before it's time to drop him back off ad Dad's house. The only good thing about this is that Nick and I can have some alone time, but I'd really rather spend it with Frankie now. Dad will never let him see us again after this.

Nick slowly knocks on Dad's door, and I sigh as I wait for him to open it.

"Frankie," he says with a smile when he opens the door, not bothering to greet us - his screwups. Frankie gives Nick and I each a hug. He's practically as tall as us now.

"Bye, guys," he says, letting go of Nick and walking to Dad's side.

Dad looks up at us coldly. "I love you two, but I don't ever want to see you again. Take care of yourselves." With that, he closes the door in our faces. It isn't the nicest goodbye, but it's a lot kinder than most of the stuff he's said to us.
♠ ♠ ♠
'