Thank You, Gravity

Kissing Permission.

Nick's P.O.V

I take the bags out to the rental car this evening, so we won't have to worry about it tomorrow. It sounds weird, but even after all of this crap with Dad, I suddenly don't want to leave. Sighing, I shove the bags into the trunk and hurry back inside. It's getting a little late, and I'm exhausted already. I sit down on the front step and take a look over the past couple weeks. Mom dying, Dad coming over and then taking me back here, then Joe coming to get me and now us going back to him. And the two times I had wanted to leave seemed so silly now, because I would have missed out on a lot.

After a couple minutes I go inside, and go up to Joe's room to sleep. Dad doesn't protest or yell at us when I slip inside. He looks at me with a disappointed look as I walk in, but just sighs and doesn't disturb us. The adjoining bathroom door is open, and I hear the faucet running, so I suspect Joe is in there and creep in. He's leaning over the sink, spitting his toothpaste out. I walk up behind him and put my hands on his shoulders. He turns around quickly, catching my hands in his, and swinging me into a small kiss.

"We have Dad's permission now," he smiles, and I grin back. Some times I'll feel totally disgusted with myself for being with Joe, and other times I feel good about it. But right now is one of the latter. I smile and lean forward, kissing Joe on the lips for a few moments, getting him slightly pinned against the sink.

Breaking the kiss, I hug Joe slightly and then push him away. We have to go to bed early tonight, so we can catch our flight. We're leaving around seven AM tomrrow to cath the 9 o'clock flight back home.

The next morning, we're saying goodbye to Frankie in the kitchen when Dad comes downstairs. I auromatically get a bit tenser when he comes in the room, looking over at Joe, who's sitting at the table. Joe looks up at him, frowning.

"You two all packed?" He looks at us and we just nod. "It's time to go then," he says. I look up at the wall clock and realixe he's right. Dad walks us to the front door and walks out onto the lawn with us. "Have a safe flight," he mutters. "And have fun screwing each other when you get back home."

Well, that was a loving goodbye. Joe is suddenly furious and looks like he's about to strangle him. I'm sure he would grab the chance if he could, too.

"I love you, too," he says sarcastically, fury lacing his voice. Other than that last comment, Dad doesn't seem mad at us, though. He didn't even say it angrily. Hopefully he's finally just accepting us.