Thank You, Gravity

Your Reasoning

Joe's P.O.V

I don't really know why I lied to Nick about the message. Dad was actually quite nice on the phone. I guess some weird part of me doesn't want to be accepted anymore. If he wanted to accept me, he could have done that a couple years ago.

I open the fridge and gulp down a can of Lite, only now realizing that I haven't had a drink in a long-ass time and I had been missing it.

I clean up the apartment a little. I flip on the TV, but the remote's missing and it's stuck on Channel 4, and as I don't feel like watching the news, I flip it off again. Nick isn't awake and I have nothing to do without him. Living alone I can deal with, but not when I have Nick right down the hall. It's eleven AIM and he's still sleeping, I hadn't wanted to wake him up.

I peer into the room, and I can see Nick under the covers. I hurry over to the wall and yank open the curtians, lightening up the room, and then I get on the bed.

"Nickie!" I cheer, crouching over him and putting my hands on his back. "Wake up!"

Nick groans and looks up at me breifly, closing his eyes again and mumbling into the pillow. "Go away."

"Nickiiie, come on, it's late and I'm bored! And it's eleven!" I complain, jumping on him. He growls into the pillow. I smile and keep bouncing on him, pulling the covers off him and tossing them aside. I lie down so I'm facing him.

"Go jerk off or something. I want to sleep." he shifts his head to turn away from me.

"I don't have to. You're awake now," I grin. Nick groans and pushes himself up off the bed, resting on his elbows.

"Fine. I'm up. What do you want?" he growls, glaring at me.

"I'm bored," I repeat, "and you're the only one here. Play with me!" I bounce on him again, giggling and smiling widely.

"You have no idea how wrong that sounded, even if I'd like to," Nick giggles, and I smile. Finally I snuggle up next to him, and slide one of my arms under his stomach and one over his back, and scoot closer to him.

"You have my permission," I smirk, and Nick grumbles again.

"I'd rather sleep."

I press my head into his neck. "I'd rather cuddle." Nick finally turns his head back around and faces me.

"Fine," he gives in, and I smile victoriously and put my hand on his cheek, and lift up to kiss him on the forehead gently. He scoots a little closer to me and tucks his head into my neck, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Someone wants to cuddle now?" I smirk. I feel him breathe against my chest as he nods before looking at me with raised playful eyebrows.

"Maybe," Nick mumbles in a high voice, and pushes his face into my neck again.

"Well this is an interesting change in attitude," I remark and run a hand through his hair. Nick just mutters something incoherent and then sighs relaxedly.

He takes his face out of my beck to say, "Well, seeing as I am unwilling to leave this bed, and you're in the bed, we might as well."

"I like your reasoning," I whisper.