Thank You, Gravity

Late Night Texts, Morning Phone Calls.

I wake up curled up next to NIck, and climb out of bed while taking caution not to wake him. I need a shower. It's the evening, and I shuffle though the hallway, scrubbing the sleep out of my eyes. I take a quick shower, scrubbing everything off only for a couple minutes before I wrap a towel around my waist and pop back out.

I bump into Nick in the hall, he's carrying an empty laundry basket back to the room. He smells like spice, so I assume he just took a shower. I kiss him on the lips quickly, it only lasts a few moments, and then let him go put the basket back in my room. I follow him and change into a tank top and some boxers, and fix my hair a little.

We order pizza for that night, since we slept through lunch, and then curl up on the couch to watch a movie. It's some horror movie that he picked, and my attention goes back and forth from the movie to my cell phone. I'm texting my friends, curled up with my head on Nick's shoulder and tossing pieces of popcorn into my mouth.

A ringtone I haven't heard in a while sounds, and both Nick and I look at my phone in curiosity of why Kevin would be texting me. I pull it out of my pocket and flip it open, and the message is from Kevin. It reads; "do you guys think we could hang out sometime?"

I look at Nick, and he shrugs. My eyes scan over the message a couple times before my fingers speed over the keypad, and I type "maybe. what did you have in mind?" I'm generally curious as to why he's been ... well, friendly all of a sudden. It's not like we hung out much before all of this happened. And you'd think that now that he knows about Nick and I, he'd keep some distance. I watch the movie for a couple minutes before Kevin texts back.

"What does he want?" Nick asks, scooting closer so he can look at the screen.

"He wants to hang with us," I mutter, and when Nick gives me a confused look I say "I don't know why." I shrug as I flip open my phone.

"idk, we can see a movie or hang your place tomorrow?"

Why would we want him here? Nick sits up, resting his head on my shoulder and staring at my screen. "He wants to come over," Nick reads aloud.

"Yeah," I mutter. "Is that okay? I mean, he's our brother."

"He didn't exactly want our presence every before Mom died," Nick states bluntly. I sigh.

"Yeah, I know. So should we let him come over?"

"Whatever you want," Nick mumbles, sinking back into the pillow and turns his head to the television again. I grumble and try to think of a not accusing sounding way of asking him that. He says it's just because he misses us, especially after Mom dying. I tell him he can come over tomorrow in the morning as long as he calls to lets us know at least half an hour beforehand.

The movie ends even though I didn't see much of it, but Nick and I stay up late watching TV until we get tired and fall asleep on the couch.
.

What wakes me up is my awkwardly loud ringtone, Kevin's designated ring. I don't pick it up the first time.Nick's head is in my lap right now, and I'm resting on the pillow on the edge of the couch. When the song bangs into my head again, I grumble and grope to get my phone off the side table without disturbing Nick.

"Hello?" I groan. Nick lifts his head out of my lap and sits up, rubbing his forehead. "Okay, cool. Yeah, we just got up," my voice slips into a yawn ans I scrub the sleep out of my eyes. "Mkay. Come by in like, two hours. Seeya." with that I shut the phone, push Nick off of me and get off the couch.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'll get the next one out tomorrow!
:D
Don't worryyy