Thank You, Gravity

Embarassing Mancrushes

"I can't believe he saw us," I squeak. on the ride home. My head feels like shit and I don't know why people get drunk. It isn't worth the headache. Luckily I didn't have so much that I pass out.

"It was just kissing, he didn't suspect anything," Joe assures me, not looking worried.

"It's embarassing! We were practically making out in view of everyone. Do you realize how dangeous that is? For us."

"Nick, it was just Damien. He probably thought we were so drunk we didn't notice what we were doing. Which wasn't the case."

"It's embarassing! I can't beleive you kissed me in public. Why did you do that? And how much did you drink?" I ask, asking every question after another that comes to mind, almost freaking out.

"I don't know! I felt like it, I was on the verge of getting drunk, and I knew no one would notice. Three bottles. Besides, you kissed back, let's not forget that detail." he reminds me.

"Because that's what you do to me," I sputter, ashamed and totally embarrassed. If Damien hadn't blamed our kiss on the beer, what if he's to start getting suspicious? When Joe kisses me, something inside me just stops working and I stop thinking and all I do is kiss him back. Like some freaky button he pushed and I'm a robot. I sigh through my nose, pressing my lips together and pressing my head against the car window. "I'm almost glad Damien saw us."

"Why?" Joe looks at me, raising an eyebrow and wrinkling his nose at me. I sigh.

"I saw the way he was looking at you. He always has."

Joe laughs bitterly, raising his eyebrows at me. "You think Damien has a mancrush on me?" he asks with a giggle.

"I don't know, but he looks at you like... He probably does," I mutter, looking out the window. My voice probably sounds hurt. I know Damien's bi, and I wouldn't doubt that he has a crush on Joe.

"I don't like him, Nick. I like you," he gives me a cute smile, punching my shoulder gently. I grin weakly.

"Good. And it's nice to see that you've actually been keeping your promise."

I wake up from the most uncomfortable sleep I've had in a long time. Even with Joe next to me, it doesn't soothe the pounding, stabbing pain in my forehead. I lie still for a couple minutes, hoping for the pain to die down. It doesn't.

"I know you're awake," Joe breathes in my ear. I groan and roll over, to face him. "I have the worst headache I've ever had."

"Aw, Nicholas has a hangover," Joe sings mockingly. I nod, pressing my head into the mattress. "I got one, too."

"What's the point of drinking if all it does is taste awful and kill your head?" I whine, hearing my own voice bang in my head. Joe slowly gets up off the bed sliding onto the floor and shuffling into the bathroom. I push my face into the mattress, groaning. I'd had beer before, but never more than half a bottle at once. And this hangover wasn't a plus. Joe comes back and sits on the edge of the bed, handing me two Advils and a cup of water. I sit up and take them quickly, and promptly fall back alseep.