Thank You, Gravity

Drain His Brains.

I rub my eyes tiredly, peering around the room. I blink in surprise when I see Kevin standing by the couch, with his arms folded, staring towards the door. I wasn't exactly expecting him to come here.

"Where's Joe?" I ask tiredly.

"Your brother's a fuckup and he's going to hurt you, Nick." Kevin says flatly, looking back at me. I look down at the couch, tracing the patterns. Kevin gives me a sympathetic, sad look. Was Joe going to come back? He has to, it's his apartment. Most likely he's going out to get drunk - the way he deals with most of things.I grumble and shove the old blanket off me and stand up.

"Where are you going?" Kevin asks as I'm heading towards the door.

"To go get Joe," I say determinedly, stalking out the door. I grab a random sweater lying on the floor and hurry out of the apartment.

In the building parking lot, Joe's car is gone, of course. I jump into my convertible without opening the door and start the car as quick as I can. I had to get Joe before he drained his brains out.

The roads are almost empty as I speed into town, jumping as the car jerks at every red light. Normally, I would enjoy the peace of a deserted, quiet city road, but this time I was going somewhere. Tapping no the steering wheel anxiously I speed into the bar parking lot. Of course Joe's car is one of the few in the lot, and I turn my car off and jump over the side, racing in through the doors.

I open the door slowly, and sure enough Joe's sitting at the front of the bar with one other guy, being handed a large overflowed cup.

"Joe!" I blurt out, running up to the counter and taking the cup away.

"Nick!" Joe looks surprised to see me and then glares angrily at me for stealing his drink.
"Give that back." he orders, an angry, mean tone in his voice.

"I'm not letting you get drunk just like you always do, Joseph." I glare, and the bartender gives me a disapproving look.

"Look, Kid, buy a drink or get the hell out of my bar," he glowers, his words slurred.

"You, shut the fuck up." I snap at him. He looks a bit shocked byy my talking back to him. Joe growls at me and he looks like hes already had a good share of beer. I hold the cup out of Joe's reach and stare at him. He reaches for it lazily.

"You're coming home with me, Joe." I say roughly, grabbing Joe's hand. He pulls it away.

"Look, Nick, leave. Go home with Kevin. i don't want you in my house anyway." Joe slurs hatefully. I tell myself it's just the beer talking, but it still hurts. I inhale angrily.

"Dammit, Joe, you're coming home with me. Is this your way of dealing with everything? Getting drunk?" I scold him angrily, ignoring his last statement and still holding the drink away from him. "Now you're coming back with me." Grabbing his hand roughly, I pull him up off the stool and drag him away from the counter, slamming the cup down in front of the bartender before I leave, tugging a very drunk Joe along.