Thank You, Gravity

Drunken Kisses

I open my eyes as I roll over on the couch, letting out a grunt of pain as I rub my hurting head.

"You're up." I hear Nick's state a moment later, and I look up at him groggily. He slaps me across the head. Hard.

"What the fuck?" I grumble.

"I had to drag your drunken ass home from the bar last night." Nick informs me with an upset look on his face. "How fucking long are you going to do this?"

"Do what?" I ask in confusion.

"Go out and get wasted every fucking time you're upset!" Nick yells. "You can't drown everything out with beer, Joe. It's still there. I'm still here."

I'm silent for a moment, before I ask "Can I have some Tylenol?" I know he's right, but I don't admit it to myself.

"No. You got fucking drunk, you deal with the headache." he slaps me on the head again and I wince, rubbing the spot. "And how long are we just going to keep going through this same cycle, Joe? You make me make out with you even I'm not even ready to, and then you just push me away like you don't care. Every time it hurts more, Joe. How long are we just going to play this fucking game?" I sit up (with difficulty).

"Nick, that's not true!" I say hoarsely, trying to stand up but he pushes me back down. I... I care about you."

"Prove it." Nick snaps. How am I supposed to prove it? I bite my lip and feel the tears coming. I know I haven't been treating him that fairly lately.. and I'm really truly sorry about it.

"N-Nick... I..." II stare past Nick at the wall across from me, trying to think of an answer.

"I know you miss Mom, but that's not an excuse for you to use me. Why am I even here? For your own personal benefit? I'm heartbroken about Mom too, but I don't throw myself on you or go out and get wasted! You're... you're sick, Joe."

He finishes it off spitefully, and I feel wetness on my cheeks as I bite my fingers a little I know I'm crying and I don't try to stop myself, and I know all of what Nick said was right.

"Oh, Joe.." Nick notices my tears and sits down on the couch next to me.

"Nick, I'm sorry. I'm sorry I made you feel like I was using you, and I'm going to stop drinking."

"I know you are," Nick gave me a quirky grin. "Because I smashed all the bottles you had hidden." I smile at him and he inches closer to me, pressing his forehead against mine. He looks at me lovingly, with that lustful look in his eyes.

"Nick, you don't have to," I mutter.

"I want to," Nick hardly whispers before his lips met mine. I kissed back slowly and he pressed against my shoulders, pushing me down onto the couch. For someone younger than me, he sure is strong. Never letting our lips part, his tongue darts against my lips and I open my mouth, letting his tongue play against mine. I'm taking small breaths through my nose and my breathing hitches when I feel Nick's hand slip under my shirt. I shiver, my body turning to jelly as his hand rolls over my chest. Our lips are still together, and his tongue darts around my mouth, twirling around my own tongue.

I gasp as I feel his hand tug on my waistband a little, and our lips finally part.