She's Not Bleeding on the Ballroom Floor Just for the Attention

Note The Sarcasm

Just as I smiled, I heard the front door of my house open. I knew my mom had come outside.

"Scarlett!" she yelled. I frowned and looked at her. "Your dad is going to be home early tonight."

"Shit," I said quietly. "Ok Mom."

I looked at Ryan.

"I have to go," I said, standing up. Ryan stood up too.

"Can I see you again?" he asked. I glanced quickly at the porch and saw my mom watching us.

"Maybe," I said. I started towards my mom. "Bye."

"Bye," Ryan said.

"Go clean off the kitchen table," my mom said, pushing me towards the door. "Do something useful instead of being a whore."

I clenched my jaw and went to do as I was told. My mom followed me into the kitchen to start dinner.

"Why is Dad coming home early?" I asked.

"I don't know," she said. I hoped everything was ok at his job, because if it wasn't, it wouldn't be ok here. It had been pretty good around here, except for my mom of course, but I didn't need my dad to start treating me badly. I sighed.

"What are you sighing for?" my mom snapped.

"Nothing," I said. My mom snorted.

"Sure," she said, and I shook my head. What a great mom. Note the sarcasm.
♠ ♠ ♠
Feedback? If this is sounding cliche, I apologize. ^_^;;
~Sally