She's Not Bleeding on the Ballroom Floor Just for the Attention

Unwelcome

Ryan was right. His dad was not happy about the newest addition to the househeld. That addition being me. We were hanging out in Ryan's room when he came home. We knew Ryan's mom had told him, because he started yelling. It was hard to hear what he was saying, but he was definately mad. I frowned, feeling bad for intruding in their house.

"I shouldn't have run away from home," I mumbled.

"Hey," said Ryan. "I'm sure you had a good reason. Don't worry about my dad. He'll get over it."

I didn't say anything and just picked at a loose thread on my shirt. It finally became quiet in the house. About a half an hour later, we heard Ryan's mom yelling up the stairs.

"Dinner's done!" Nancy yelled.

Ryan stood up and I followed. We went down to the dining room and I saw that Ryan's dad and little brother was already seated at the table. Nancy came into the dining room, carrying a bowl of salad.

"You can sit next to Ryan, Scarlett," she said, smiling at me. I smiled back and sat down next to Ryan.

"Dan," Nancy said as she sat down. Ryan's father looked up. "This is Scarlett."

Dan looked at me before grunting. He was the only one making me not feel welcome.

--------------------------------------------------------

After dinner, I offered to help with the dishes, but Nancy refused to let me help. Ryan was behind me and he laughed slightly before grabbing a hold of my arm.

"Come on," he said, pulling me towards the stairs. We went back up to his room. When we got up there I sat on his bed and watched as he started picking up some of the clothes off of his floor.

"So, what now?" I asked. He looked at me and smiled.

"I don't know," he said. "Want to watch some TV?"

He pointed at the TV he had in his room.

"Sure," I said. Ryan tossed me a remote and I turned the TV on, flipping through the stations before settling on a rerun of some sitcom. I moved back a little on the bed so that I could lean against the wall. Ryan finished picking up clothes and came and sat next to me on the bed. He easily stole the remote from my hand and changed the channel.

"Hey!" I said. "I was watching that."

Ryan just smiled and kept flipping through channels until he found something that he wanted to watch. I sighed and tried to watch the TV, but it just wasn't interesting to me. Before I knew it, my eyelids began to droop and I rested my head on Ryan's shoulder, falling asleep almost instantly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments??
~Sally