From What I've Heard

001

I stared out at the unfamiliar Florida scenery as we made our way to the next set for Warped Tour. It had been epic so far, I’d met so many brilliant people and I had got to spend time with my favourite people: Hayley, Josh, Jeremy and Zac.

The dark green trees whizzed past and soon fell into a constant blur as the bus gained speed. I looked away, feeling slightly sick, and turned to watch Josh and Zac play a pitiful game of Guitar Hero, in which both were failing miserably.

“I won,” Zac said proudly when the song ended, admiring his score of 23%.

“Only just,” Josh pointed out, referring to his astonishing score of 20%.

“What song were you guys playing?” I asked as I turned around fully in my seat next to Jeremy.

“A really hard one,” Zac frowned.

“It could’ve been Smoke On The Water and you guys still would’ve killed it,” Jeremy chuckled.

“At least I don’t play bass,” Josh grinned, using his favourite insult.

“Your point? I still get more girls than you,” Jeremy retorted, poking his tongue out.

“Dude, I really don’t need to know this,” I said, scrunching my face up.

“I’m with Dakota,” Zac grinned, raising his hand.

Josh just shook his head before setting down his guitar and replacing it with his real one where he sat on the floor and began picking random tunes on it. Once he got in the rhythm, Josh could play a really good tune, so I leant back on the couch and shut my eyes. Waiting for his tune to send me to a much-needed sleep. I still hadn’t adjusted to sleeping on the bus, despite being on tour for a good two months, and it was showing. Black rings surrounded my deep brown eyes, earning me the nickname ‘Panda’ from Jeremy, and my skin was deathly pale from either sitting inside the bus or underneath an umbrella all day.

“Where’s Hayley?” I asked after realising that Josh was picking an annoying tune that was soon going to piss the hell out of Jeremy and Zac.

“Last time I checked she was sleeping. That party last night really got to her,” Zac answered.

“Told her not to have that martini,” I grinned, shaking my head, as I stood up and went to find Hayley.

After seeing Hayley sleeping comfortably in her bunk, I decided to leave her alone and take over the television; a favourite past time of mine. As I walked back to the ‘lounge’ I checked my cell phone, 02:12PM glowed in neon numbers at me.

‘Perfect, ‘I thought, ‘twelve minutes into Dr Phil.’

I knew how much Jeremy hated Dr Phil so I decided that it was my chance to get back at him for calling me Panda. Zac and Josh wouldn’t mind, I knew how Dr Phil was their guilty pleasure. Not that they’d say it out loud.

“You’re back,” Zac pointed out as I resumed my seat on the couch next to a brooding Jeremy; Josh’s guitar picking skills had gotten to him.

“Well done Zacky, can you chuck me the television remote?” I asked, ignoring the glares that were being sent to me from Jeremy. He knew what was coming.

Zac threw the remote at me and I caught it somewhat gracefully considering Jeremy tried to intercept it. I then turned the television onto channel 3 and the sweet sounds of Dr Phil’s voice entered the room.

Cheapskates versus the big spenders. Which is worse? Today on the show we have Stephan and Juliet, one is a cheapskate who can’t buy anything unless –

“Dakota,” Jeremy moaned.

“Yes Jeremy?” I asked, smirking as I turned up the volume.

“Turn it off,” he frowned as he attempted to get the remote off of me.

“Na uh. I’m watching it,” I smiled evilly.

“But I pay you,” he pointed out and I instantly dropped the remote.

“You suck Jeremy,” I glowered.

“I may suck, but I pay you,” he winked.

He then proceeded to flick through the channels until he decided upon the local news, who were reporting about an escaped criminal from Florida State Prison. Because we really cared. I watched the boring news on the small television until the bus came to an unexpected halt.

“Ha ha yay!” Hayley arrived, grinning.

“She lives!” I cried in delight, getting up and hugging her.

“Damn right I do,” she smiled. “We’ve arrived early, surprisingly, so we need to unload the stuff. Dakota, we’ll help you if you help us?”

“Sure thing,” I smiled, glad that I had another female to talk to, even if it was just for two or three minutes.

“Had a good sleep?” I asked her as we began unpacking the instruments and placing them on the grass.

“Fresh as a daisy. What about you? Last thing I heard was Zac screaming about beating Josh at Guitar Hero,” she grinned.

“Let’s just say, you may want to rethink Josh’s position as guitarist. Zac beat him nine times out of ten on Guitar Hero,” I giggled as I began pulling out the numerous boxes of Paramore merchandise.

“Oh! Look who it is!” Hayley cried out in pleasure as two guys walked over to us, grins plastered over their mischievous faces.

“Hey Hayley,” the blonde one greeted while the other one hugged her.

“Ooh. Who’s this?” he asked, pointing at me.

“Oh gee! I can’t believe you guys haven’t met!” Hayley frowned.

“I’m Dakota, I’m the ‘merch girl’ for Paramore,” I smiled.

“Pleasure. I’m Alex and this is Jack,” he said pointing to himself and then attempting to point at Jack who was running around after Zac, trying to whack him with a drumstick.

“Cute aren’t they?” Hayley whispered.

“For sure,” I grinned.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thoughts?
I'm not too sure on this one but I have been nagged.
A lot.
:D