From What I've Heard

003

As usual, I was given a restless nights sleep and was awoken by my own busy mind. I glared at my cell phone, trying to make something out of the neon numbers. It looked something like 6:40AM so I gave up on any more sleep and hopped out of bed, avoiding the mirrors that Hayley had placed strategically around the bus.

I dragged my tired feet into the lounge and, to my surprise, Zac was already awake. He smiled at me before pouring two cups of instant coffee and joining me on the couch.

“What time did you guys get back last night?” I asked, taking a long sip of my coffee.

“Not sure but it was quite late. But I’m not tired so I decided to get up early and, well, do stuff,” he shrugged.

“Because doing stuff is all the rage,” I smiled, “you should go say a big hello to your fans, it’s most likely they’re all lining up.”

“Probably. It feels nice to be loved though,” he grinned.

“Yea, by a bunch of thirteen year olds,” I smirked.

“Thanks Dakota,” he replied.

“That’s fine, Zachary.”

We then sat in silence, hearing the occasional slam of a bus door as its members left. Paramore was playing second on the main stage so we had to be up and at ‘em by seven thirty.

After finishing my coffee, I headed for the bathroom where I was determined to look at least half decent, despite my lack of sleep. The warm water only woke me up in the slightest but my eyeliner and foundation managed to cover up the worst of my pale skin and dark ‘panda’ eyes, as Jeremy so kindly put it.

I was walking back into the now empty lounge when I heard a loud banging come from the door of the bus. Being the curious bug that I was, I went to see who was knocking. I assumed it would be one of the organizers telling us to hurry up but to my complete surprise, it was Alex and Jack again.

“Dakota!” Jack screamed, pulling me into a tight hug while Alex slipped past us and went to wake up Hayley, Josh and Jeremy who were still sound asleep.

“Jack!” I squealed as the air whooshed out of my lungs from his overly tight hug.

“Where’s Zac?!” Alex called from the bunks where, by the sound of it, he’d woken Hayley, Josh and Jeremy up successfully.

“No idea,” I shrugged as Jack let me go and threw himself on the couch. “Last time I saw him he was drinking coffee.”

“Lesson one,” Hayley said sleepily as she stumbled into the lounge room, “if you ever hear a loud banging on the bus door at this time in the morning, it’s usually Jack and Alex. So, don’t let them in.”

And with that she left for the bathroom.

“I think we should buy pancakes,” Alex grinned as he threw himself on top of Jack on the couch which groaned in complaint.

“I’d love to but we don’t have time,” I frowned.

“Why?” Jack whined.

“I have to help Hayley, Zac, Josh and Jeremy set up.”

“What time are they playing?”

“Second on the main stage, really annoyingly early,” I groaned.

“Well, we’ll bring you some to your merch table,” they grinned before leaping off the couch and out of the bus.

“Thanks Dakota,” Josh called from his bunk.

“Any time!” I yelled back as I poured myself another cup of coffee, I’d be needing it for sure.
♠ ♠ ♠
A bit short for my liking.
But it's something.

Thoughts?