From What I've Heard

009

Today had been, by far, the most boring day ever. Only recently, it had begun pouring with rain, which meant that Jack, Alex, Rian and Zack were stuck on the bus with us. Not that I was complaining. So far, it had been okay. Zac and Rian were discussing boring drum stuff, Hayley, Zack and Josh were sleeping and Jeremy got stuck at a café in town. He spent forever on his phone to Deanna and Josh got sick of waiting to we left him there. We still wouldn’t get hold of him so we just assumed that he was still on the phone. And only God knew where Gareth was. Jack had a few dirty ideas but we just pushed them aside. Gareth wasn’t that bad.

This meant that I was stuck in our tiny lounge area with Jack and Alex who were currently wrestling on the floor. Occasionally screaming when one of them were trapped on the other.

“Dude!” Alex yelled when Jack sat on top of his stomach, bouncing up and down.

“Tell me when your lunch comes back up. Then I’ll get off,” Jack grinned.

“It’s coming up!” Alex said and Jack instantly hopped off of him and onto me.

“Jack!” I shrieked, spitting energy drink all over him.

“Are you ever not drinking something?” Jack asked me as he dried his tee shirt with a stray tea towel.

“Um… no,” I replied, realising my addiction.

Suddenly we heard an ear-splitting crack, joined soon after by a deafening scream. Jack and I whipped our heads around to see Alex lying on the ground, holding his hand in between his legs.

“Oh my God Alex! What happened?” I shrieked as I realised he had fallen off the table he had been lying on.

“I fell onto my hand and it cracked,” he stated like it was obvious.

“Oh Alex! We need to get you to the hospital or something.” I winced as I noticed his wrist was shaped at a very odd angle.

He just nodded while Jack raced to open the door. I quickly grabbed the vans keys before helping Alex up and out of the bus.

It wasn’t long before we were on the road and Jack was reading a map of Florida, trying to figure out where the nearest hospital was. After five minutes of searching the maps, he decided he couldn’t find one so we settled on an after hours doctor that we had seen earlier. It would be expensive, but Alex was priceless and if it meant I had to go without energy drinks for a week, I could handle it. Just.

We pulled into the empty car park, which made me very suspicious considering the time of day, but I hastily pushed the thought aside and focused on Alex. He wasn’t crying, but he kept wincing whenever he touched his hand, which he had been doing frequently.

“Alex! Stop touching your fucking hand and get out of the car,” I ordered as he and Jack leapt out of the car and ran into the surgery as I followed close behind.

“Please fill out this form and we’ll be right with you,” a very bored receptionist spoke as she passed us a clipboard with pages of information for us to fill out.

“Oh, um. My, err, friend here. He’s broken his wrist or something. Can’t we get a doctor to look at it? Without the forms?” I asked.

“Well, he can go in but you still need to fill out the forms,” she said as she called for a doctor to look at Alex.

The doctor took Alex somewhere while he told Jack and us to fill out the forms for him. We just nodded and took a seat in the nearly empty lounge area.

It took us a good ten minutes to fill out all the forms and sign where it was necessary. As I was signing the final form, a smiling Alex appeared.

“Alex! How was it?” I asked as I got up and hugged his tiny frame.

“It was fucked. I broke my own wrist with my own body weight,” he grinned. “I guess I have to lay off the McD’s,” he sighed as he plonked himself down next to me, his thigh touching mine which caused sparks to run through my veins.

“You’ve learnt your lesson then? Don’t wrestle on unfamiliar busses. Or better, don’t wrestle, period,” I giggled.

“Fat chance,” he grinned as he peered over at the forms Jack and I had been filling out.

“Who did this one?” Alex asked after a few minutes as he waved a form in the air.

“Jack,” I smiled, knowing exactly what was going to happen.

“I’m not pregnant, you retard,” he pouted as he stole the pen out of my hand and scribbled it out.

“Then you’re just lumpy,” Jack grinned mischievously.

“Your mums lumpy.”

“Your face is lumpy.”

“Your mums face is lumpy.”

“Your dads face is lumpy.”

“Oh my God, stop it!” I exploded after I saw Alex go to stand up and tackle Jack.

“Way to ruin the moment, Kota,” Alex pouted.

“It’s my specialty,” I grinned as I noticed the doctor come back, his face blank.

“It’s all fine, Mr Gaskarth. We just need to wrap your wrist up then you can be on your way,” he said grimly, like Alex needed to have his wrist amputated.

“Wrap it and lets go, bitches,” Jack giggled as he took the forms up to the receptionists who looked every so happy to be getting more paperwork.

Later That Day

“And then CRACK! My wrist broke,” Alex nodded as he stuffed a piece of pizza in his already full mouth.

The second we got back to the bus we were grilled by Hayley and Zack, both asking where we were. Alex then went into a detailed explanation of him and Jack’s wrestling match and how he fell to his wrists death.

“Will it be okay for playing the guitar?” Zack asked, his eyes filled with worry.

“We don’t have another show for a day and if it’s not fine by then, stuff it. I’ll be playing with a fucked wrist,” he shrugged.

“Aw. Alex is so strong,” Hayley yawned before stealing a slice of pizza and heading back to her bunk.

“Dakota,” Alex pouted.

“Yes Alex?”

“My wrist is sore.”

“No shit.”

“Can you kiss it better?”

“Kinky,” Zack grinned before quickly running back to my bunk where he had been sleeping.

“Sure Alex,” I smiled as I gave his wrist a light peck.

“And my lips,” Alex grinned.

“Don’t push it,” I warned as I saw Jack burst into a fit of giggles.
♠ ♠ ♠
Pfft.
I'm a tad iffy about this chapter.
But it's up 'cause Allison nagged.
Fo shizzle my nigga.
Blah.