Never Again

First Blood

Mirian, then only fifteen years old, was a very sweet and innocent girl. She was a dreamer, wondering when she would fall in love, find a prince that would take her away. Her head was always in the clouds and she would be one of those girls who believed in fairytales. At the same time, she was also very naive and quite immature.

It was a nice and breezy saturday afternoon, perfect for a walk around the neighborhood. Mirian grabbed her straw hat and went out for a stroll. Her hair was carelessly tied in a braid behind her back and she was wearing a floral print dress with a pair of sandals. While walking, the breeze was playing with her hair as it glimmered with the sunlight. She carefully placed the straw hat on her head as she went on walking. How lovely the sun is, beating gently against her cheeks. How she wished she had someone to share this wonderful moment with. Her thoughts soon wandered off, lost in her own little world and with the fine weather. She wasn't even thinking of walking along the sidewalk for she was stuck in her reverie. A car was actually passing by and it was headed towards her. The car honked loudly but it was only later did she realize that she was in danger. Mirian thought it was her end as the car came towards her. Suddenly a sudden force pulled her sidewards to the ground on the soft grass. She closed her eyes and opened them again, she actually thought she was dead as she lay on the grass.

"Are you mad?! Why don't you watch where you're going?!", a male voice said.

Mirian quickly got up and looked at the stranger who practically saved her life. The moment she looked at his face, she felt a jolt of electricity well up inside her. She just stood there with a very surprised expression on her face.

"What?...Um......Wait....uhh...", she stammered, not knowing what to say or do after this incident.

"Well? Weren't you about to get hit by a car?!" he said. "You should be more careful and use you eyes even for one moment! You're lucky that I was passing by to save you!"

"Oh yeah! Well, who ever told you to save me?! Huh?! ", she retorted, not really sure of what to say.

"You're saying I should just let you get hit?!", he said rather angrily.

Mirian rolled her eyes as she crossed her arms in front of her. Soon her eyes wandered off to the guy's knee, it was bleeding.

"Oh my, you have a wound. Over there. ", she pointed at his knee, which was bleeding much.

"Oh..that.", he said.

"I'm sorry. It's my fault that you got that wound and yeah...thanks for saving me.", she said then smiled but soon a frown spread across her face as she stared at the wound. It really did seem pretty bad.

"Let me help you with that.", she said as she pulled out a hanky from her pocket then she gently tied it around his knee. "That should do it for now..."

"Um...thanks..." he said rather gratefully.

"No problem, I should be thanking you." she said with a smile.

"By the way, I'm........................."

....And the rest was history....

The knew each other long enough for them to fall in love. Mirian was very happy at that time. Everything seemed perfect. The guy was extremely sweet and caring, always being there at the right time for she seemed to always get herself in trouble. Strange enough, he was always there to the rescue. They have had lots of memories which until now, could never be erased. Promises were made and vowed for them to never be broken. She felt she finally had her own prince or knight in shining armor. All was well, until one day...he left. He left her as in he started treating her like she never existed, as if nothing happened between them. This hurt her really badly for she never received an explanation with why or what happened. She was forced to accept the bitter end of her love without even knowing why. This led her to become cold and rejected being in love. She was no longer a dreamer and a believer of happiness. It would always end in pain and sadness, she thought. Why bother love?
♠ ♠ ♠
just an intro to the actual story.......hehe