Never Again

Ice Queen

It was a typical day in school and Mirian was on her way to class with her textbooks on one arm, a messenger bag on her right shoulder with a cup of her daily coffee in one hand. She seemed to be in some sort of rush while occasionally sipping through her cup coffee as she was hurrying off to her locker. Along the way, she meets her best friend, Pandora, a very lovely and petite girl with fiery red hair and sparkling emerald eyes to match. Her friend was a little bit on the eccentric side with metal cuffs and Victorian-inspired outfits, resembling a lolita of some sort. Nevertheless, she looked good the way she wanted.

"Hey Miri!" Pandora greeted her friend as she ran towards her friend in a way which seemed like she was almost dancing.

"Oh hey Pandora." Mirian said while looking at her friend from head to toe. Pandora was wearing a ruffly white blouse and a black corset with a white tutu just above the knees. She was wearing white doll shoes and an oversized ribbon headband on her head. Of course, her metal cuffs which happen to be about 6 in total in both of her arms.
"Well, I see your outfit seems interesting as always!" Mirian said.

"Gee, thanks?" Pandora said while twirling her hair as she shifted her weight on one leg.
"Oh! I almost forgot! There's this guy in my class who wants to go with you to the dance this friday!"

Mirian's smile turned to a frown as she heard what her friend said. "What? A date to the dance?" she said while raising an eyebrow. "Tell him, thanks...but no thanks. I've got better things to attend to than some crazy dance."

Pandora gently punched her friend in the shoulder. "Aww...Miri! Why are you like that? Why don't you ever go out and have some fun? Wait...are you still thinking about that last guy...."

Mirian then bit her lip at what her friend said.

"Oops......Sorry Miri! Still, you should have forgotten about it. It was only your first and you're bound to have plenty! Wait.......I didn't get that right......sorry.......well...I've got to go now!" Pandora said rather unwittingly as she dashed off to her class.

Mirian sighed as her friend went off. Pandora can pretty much say the wrong things at times. Still, Mirian loves her very much.

Going back to her locker, yet another person approached her. It was the ever popular guy, Rick.

"Hey Mirian..." Rick said with a cocky smile.

Mirian just ignores him by briskly walking along her way. Rick was quite aghast at her reaction but he still followed her.

"I've been thinking...May I take you to the dance this friday?" he asked.

Mirian coldly stares at him and gave him a very cold and direct "No".

She then walks away leaving Rick scratching his head wonder what he did wrong.
"Such an ice queen..." he mutters.

A lot of guys have been asking her out in a while but all they get is a big fat "No". Also, Mirian always seemed to treat guys coldly that she was nicknamed "The Ice Queen". Seeing that even popular Rick can't get through her, people are starting to accept the fact that Mirian is just unreachable.

Mirian finally reaches her locker and by that time, she already finished her coffee and she throws it in the trash bin. Her fingers were playfully twisting the lock while almost absentmindedly unlocking it with her locker combination all at the same time as she was reviewing her notes for an upcoming quiz. She neatly places all her books in her locker as she checks her schedule on a cork board which she has installed in her locker.

Running a finger on a list, she gently mutters to herself, "Ah, We have a yearbook meeting sometime after lunch...I nearly forgot about that one.." Going over the list again, she finds herself packed for the whole day with all sorts of activities ranging from yearbook meetings to save the earth rallies. It was almost how her typical day would seem like being an over-achiever and all.

Getting only a binder and a hand bag from her locker, she checks herself with a small mirror. Looking at her reflection, she sees that not a single hair is out of place with her hair down and wearing only a white headband for control. She looks at her face, blemish-free with no make-up at all except for a little powder and a swipe of her favorite strawberry lip gloss. Mirian then checks her outfit which was pretty simple actually. Wearing a plain white sleeveless top under a black cover up with just a pair of simple jeans and a pair of black flats, everything seemed pretty much put together.

Mirian has jet black hair up to her waist and porcelain skin with a perfect complexion. She has a heart-shaped face and thin cherry lips with cheeks that easily blush. She stands at only 5"3 and with a slender figure. Overall, she wasn't exactly pretty or lovely but she can definitely be termed as "cute". Mirian may not be the prettiest but she seemed to always be attracting a lot of attention from the opposite gender lately with her "cute" yet cold appeal.

Mirian closes her mirror and placed it back in her locker. She gently closes the locker and then went off to her class.

In a distance, people were being frightened as someone speeds off along the halls in a skateboard. Papers were flying everywhere as unsuspecting people get almost hit by this person in the skateboard. With books on one arm and a trucker cap sitting atop his head, this boy continues to whiz along the halls, completely ignoring cursing students and threating teachers. He soon comes to a halt as