Quintuplets

Until The End

"What's wrong with them?" I asked Devan as he drove down the street towards my house. "I fainted why again?"

"Shock."

"Over?"

"I don't know, ask Delilah," he grumbled.

“Can’t you just tell me?”

He looked over scared and shook his head frantically. "Nope, you ask her."

"Well you sir, are no help."

“Nope,” he shook his head as I looked over to Delilah.

“What’s up?”

"Nothing," she grumbled as she got into Raegan's car, out of our driveway.

"Where are you going?" I shouted.

"Raegan's house," she shouted back before they drove off.

“Devan,” I whispered and looked back to him. “Please tell me what’s going on…”

"She flunked half her grades," he mumbled throwing his arm up. "She didn't want me to tell you."

"Really?"

"Yeah," he nodded sadly.

"Are you sure?" I mumbled. "I mean, she's been working so hard this year."

"Well I guess not enough," he mumbled. "She failed."

"Oh, well I'll help her make up," I nodded.

"How sweet," He cracked a smile at me.

"Thanks," I smiled blushing slightly. "It’s the least I could do."

"I mean, she is-" He shook his head. "Never mind."

"Never mind what?" I questioned as I looked over at him. "Devan?"

“It’s nothing,” he insisted.

"Uh, okay," I said softly.

Its been five months, Devan and I are steady as ever, Delilah and Raegan haven't been around much since getting engaged to each other.

“I love you,” Devan chuckled and tickled my sides as I squirmed around.

“You too,” I nodded, my cell phone suddenly ringing.

"Who is it?"

"My sister," I whispered as I held it up to my ear. "Hello?"

“Dana!” Raegan screamed. “Get to the hospital right now!”

"Why?" I questioned as I stood up.

"Something's wrong with Delilah, she's bleeding a lot and I don't know what the hell is wrong!" he shouted.

"I'm on my way."

I looked around the hospital hallway before running with Devan at my side to the room 304, when I opened the door I seen Delilah laying on the bed crying silently. "De?"

"I lost her," she whispered.

“What?”

“The baby,” Her body racked with sobs. “I lost her. I had a miscarriage.”

"What baby?" my eyed widened as I turned to her and then Raegan.

“She was pregnant, Dana,” Raegan whispered.

"For how long?" my eyes began to water. "You didn't tell me?"

"I did," she nodded crying. "But you passed out so I told everyone not to tell you again because I didn't want you getting scared again."

“And you lost the baby?” I took a deep breath as she nodded.

“Oh god,” Devan mumbled

“Raegan!” Delilah held her arms out, Raegan sliding in the bed behind her and crying softly.
"Guys I'm so sorry," Devan whispered as he looked around at Delilah and Raegan.

"How did you lose it?" I questioned with a knot in my throat.

“I…I don’t know,” She cried. “I just started bleeding.”

"How far along?" I whispered looking from Raegan to Delilah and back.

"Five months," Raegan said softly.

“You kept it from all of us?”

“Yeah,” She nodded. “Rae and I even bought a house. We’re getting married in five months.”

"Why?" I whispered looking at her. "Why would you hide it from us."

"I don't know," she started to cry. “But I wish I hadn’t…”

"Me too," I whispered. "I would have been happy after the shock wore off."

“I’m so sorry I kept it from you,” Delilah frowned.

"Its alright," I said softly as I walked closer. "What were you going to name her?"

"Daniella Dana," Raegan smiled.

“Oh,” My bottom lip quivered as Li sobbed loudly.

“I lost my baby!”

"Baby, come here," Raegan whispered as he pulled her closer and kissed her forehead. "Baby it’s okay."

"No it’s not Rae, I lost our baby."

“It wasn’t your fault, Li,” He shook his head.

"I was supposed to protect her Rae, and I didn't," she cried. "I wasn't a good mother."

“Don’t say that,” He growled. “You were a great mother, there was nothing you could have done to stop it.”

She didn't say anything, just continued crying her eyes out. "De," I whispered sitting on the other side of her. "You couldn't have stopped it if it was meant to be."

“What did that baby do to deserve this?”

"I don't know honey," Raegan kissed her cheek. "But you can't beat yourself up for it."

"No you can't, Raegan's right," I nodded.

“Raegan,” She looked up to him and rubbed his muscled arms. “All I wanted was for us to be a family.”

"We will be, baby as long as we have each other we have a family," he kissed her hand softly. "You know that."

“I love you, Rae,” She kissed his lips softly as he wiped away a tear.

"And I love you," he whispered as he held her close.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait, guys!