All You Need Is Love

Together again

“Hey kids, this is Gabby… uh Gabrielle, she works in a hotel in England and I invited her here for a couple of days because I wanted her to meet you guys.” Said Tre looking at his children who in turn were staring at Gabrielle.

”You didn’t tell us she may be coming,” said Ramona eyeing Gabrielle up and down.

“Well… I invited her but wasn’t sure if she’d come or not, she’s kind of surprised me.” He said looking up at Gabrielle and she had, he was surprised that she had come.

“Hey my Daddy’s a drummer,” said Frankito his face grinning up at Gabrielle’s. She smiled as she noticed a streak of flour across his face where he’d wiped his hand over it.

Gabrielle went over to where Frankito was sitting and crouched down beside him.

“That’s right, I know and I’ve been listening to allhis songs on the long flight over and he’s such an awesome drummer don’t you think?” She said looking him directly in his gorgeous brown eyes.

“Yep, he is awesome and Ramona thinks so too, don’t you Ramona?” Said Frankito looking towards his half sister.

“Yeah, he is,” Ramona simply said picking at the nail varnish on her nails.

“So,” said Gabrielle, “are you trying to make gingerbread men?” she said looking at the burnt offerings on the table.

“Yeah, but dad sucks at gingerbread men,” said Franikito. “Hey lady, Can you help me?” He said looking up at her, desperate for somebody to help with his gingerbread men.

“It’s not ‘lady’ Frankito, its Gabrielle.” Said Tre.

“But I can’t say that long name,” said Frankito frowning.

“Then Gabby will be fine,” said Gabrielle, “and yes I can help you, but how about we make gingerbread men and women?”

“Yeah… I wanna make you. Can I make you? We’ve got coloured icing and I’ve got this orange colour that could be like your hair. If I put brown in with it it would look like your hair,” Frankito said taking his little podgy hand and gently touching Gabrielle’s long hair that was hanging down next to him.

“OK, so who’s going to make you then?” Said Gabrielle.

“Dad can,” said Frankito, “and you can make Dad and Ramona can make… herself, can’t you Ramona?”

Ramona just shrugged, “yeah whatever,” she said coming over to the table to sit and check out this lady who had suddenly come into their home.

“Right… where are the ingredients?” Said Gabrielle rolling her sleeves up and going to the sink to wash her hands.

Tre just stood there watching Gabrielle’s interaction with his son.

“My dad’s a drummer,” said Frankito again, proudly and out of the blue.

“Yep I know sweetheart are you going to be a drummer?” Gabby said drying her hands on a towel.

“Nah, I want to be a fire fighter,” he said and with that he jumped down off the stool and went out to get his huge fire truck to show it to Gabrielle who in turn made the appropriate noises as he pointed out his truck in detail.

“Are we going to make these gingerbread people or what?” piped up Ramona.

“We’ve got loads of time,” said Tre. “In fact, how about we go to the Ridgeway for dinner tonight with Gabrielle, she’ll like it there.”

“Yeah… cool,” said Ramona a smile suddenly forming on her face.

“Daddy plays golf there don’t you Daddy?” said Frankito arranging the bowls and spoons again, ready to make his gingerbread people.

“Yes son I do but how about we go and see Uncle John and Aunt Jan in the restaurant?”

“Yay, she makes these special huge ice creams for me doesn’t she Daddy?”

“Yes monkey she does,” said Tre, smiling all over his face.

After Tre had made a coffee for Gabrielle and she’d popped the gingerbread in the oven to bake Ramona was busy on the telephone again upstairs in her room and Frankito was just outside in the hallway making fire truck noises again.

“What made you come?” Asked Tre looking over at her, he couldn’t believe she was here with him, standing here alongside him in his kitchen. He just hadn’t thought it would happen.

“I wanted to, I felt I had to and I’m so sorry about the other day, its time I explained to you about… everything.” She couldn’t take her eyes off him and had forgotten how his eyes sparkled. How could I forget those eyes? She thought to herself.

She was sitting at the kitchen chair and he came up behind her and rested his wonderful hands on her shoulders and leant down to whisper into her ear.

“There’s no hurry Gabby, if its painful for you, which I have a feeling it is, take your time.”

His warm breath made her toes curl and she wanted to grab him right there and then but she knew it wasn’t appropriate, she’d just met his kids and they were close by.

She turned her face to his and their lips collided, almost kissing, then they heard a little voice.

“Daddy, there’s a spider near by me out in the hall, can you get him for me?” said Frankito standing in the doorway, his little build like a smaller version of his fathers.

“Coming monkey,” said Tre and he kissed Gabrielle gently on her nose then went to look after his son.

“That does not look like me,” said Tre later as they were decorating the gingerbread men.

“It does so,” said Frankito “Gabby has got you just right, she’s given you big blue eyes and a brown hair that goes up and you’ve given him a big smiley mouth too. It is him isn’t it Ramona?” He said looking across at his older sister.

“I suppose,” said Ramona finishing ‘herself’ off.

“That looks like Gabby too,” said Ramona nodding towards Frankito’s gingerbread woman, heavily adorned with coloured icing.

“Yep I agree,” said Tre, “the hair is just perfect, long and orangey brown and those big green eyes, and he’s even put on your emerald earrings and your huge smile.”

“Yeah, but he’s missed the other ear stud, the one up there, its so cool, you should put it in,” said Ramona talking to Frankito.

“Yeah I like it, it suits you,” said Ramona looking across at Gabrielle.

Gabby automatically put her hand up to her ear stud, twisting it.

“Thanks,” she said looking at the girl who was kind of a female version of her father, a girl who had definite attitude.

“Dad wont let me have one; he says I’m too young for one. I think yours is great, see Dad, Gabby has one.” She said pleadingly to her father.

“Yeah and you’re not, we’ve had this discussion once and we’re not having it again,” said Tre, gently but firmly.

“Actually,” said Gabby, “I was thinking of taking mine out. You know it still hurts, especially when I lay down. I think it got a little infected in the beginning and hasn’t been the same since. You’ve made my mind up for me. Yeah I think I’ll take it out, let the hole heal up and get a good night’s sleep.”

They all laughed then, even Ramona.

Tre thought that Gabrielle looked gorgeous once again dressed in the black dress that she had worn on the night out at that restaurant in Brighton. That dress… well it just did it for him and it also made him realise how down to earth she was, as she’d worn the dress before with him and wasn’t bothered about going out and buying something new just for the sake of it. He was going to ask her to the awards ceremony. He didn’t care about Meg, it was Gabrielle he wanted to take and he was taking her. He’d tell Meg straight. He was with someone now, it was Gabby he was going to take and that was that.

“This place is gorgeous Tre," said Gabrielle as they pulled up outside a beautiful country house.

“Actually it reminds me so much of your hotel. When Adrienne got the brochures for us when we decided to go away for a break we all immediately decided that your hotel would be like a home from home. Mike and I are normally found here once or twice a week playing golf and we just love the food.”

“Is it a hotel as well?” Asked Gabby still staring up at the building and its beautiful architecture.

“Yes it is, it’s so like your hotel and the owners are amazing,” and then he whispered in her ear, “just like you.” She blushed.

It was like her hotel and it was ran by an elderly couple, Jan and John who had obviously put a lot of hard graft and effort into building it up. They had a daughter called Rosemary who ran the golf side of it and she was due to take over from her parents the running of the hotel also.

Jan and John came over just as they were finishing their meal.

“Hey you two” said Tre getting up and greeting them, “that meal was just amazing, as always.”

“Thank you Tre,” said Jan, “you always know how to the say the right thing,” she said kissing him on the cheek.

“Let me introduce you. Jan and John, this is Gabrielle, she owns a similar hotel to yours in England, Brighton to be exact.” Said Tre quite proudly introducing Gabby to a couple of his oldest friends.

Gabby stood up and shook hands with the couple

“Good to meet you, this is a beautiful place you’ve got here and Tre’s right, the food is marvellous.”

“Thank you,” said John, “but we’re handing it all over to our daughter very soon as we’re retiring. We’ll still be living nearby though and we’ll probably be found propping up the bar most days but the running of it is getting too much for us, we feel we’ve earnt our retirement.”

“Indeed you have, and John we must get that round of golf in, you’ve never played me, you’ve always too busy organising this place.” Said Tre.

“We must do that,” said John, “may be when you’ve finished with your tour.”

“So how is Rosemary feeling about running the whole thing,” said Tre talking about their daughter. Rosemary ran the golf club side of the hotel impeccably.

“She’s a little anxious but we’ll be around to give her some good advice,” said John. “Anyway, we must get the address of your place in Brighton,” he said turning to Gabrielle, “we’re visiting Jan’s sister in England fairly soon, we’d love to look you up.”

“Here, take one of my cards,” said Gabrielle reaching into her bag and pulling out one of her business cards and handing it to the elderly gentleman, “you’ll be welcome any time.”

“Hey you two,” said Jan to Ramona and Frankito who were sitting quietly, intently listening to the adult conversation going on over their heads. “How about you come out back to the kitchen and help make one of those ice cream sundaes that you both love so much?”

“Can we dad?” Said Frankito, his eyes all lit up and sparkly, as sparkly as his fathers.

“Of course you can but don’t go making too much of a mess,” said Tre smiling at his son’s enthusiasm over an ice cream.
“He’ll be fine, good to meet you Gabby, hope we see you again soon, may be at your place this time.”

“Yes, good to meet you too,” said Gabby in return then she watched the two elderly people usher Tre’s children away to the kitchen, obviously it was to give them some alone time.

“Tre, what a lovely couple. Do they really own all this and run it themselves?”

“Practically but I’ve got a feeling that daughter of there’s will let them down. I hope not, I’d hate this place to go to rack and ruin, especially the hard work and effort they’ve put into it.” He said taking a sip from his glass of red wine.

“You love it here don’t you?” she said looking at the handsome guy sitting across from her, she’d grown so fond of him.

“I do. It’s like a second home to me, especially the golf course. Well, that and the bar.” He said looking at her, staring at her really.

“Thanks for coming,” Tre suddenly said to her as she took a sip from her own wine.

“Tre, I wanted to but at some point we need to talk, I need to tell you everything.” She said her face changing slightly.

He put his hand out onto hers in reassurance.

“It’s quite a long story and it needs some explaining, there’s no use me just blurting out what happened. I need to take my time.” She looked down into her drink.

“Of course, that’s understandable. Anyway, we’ve got all the time in the world,” said Tre.

*

It was like hours and hours of foreplay really. Both of them couldn’t wait to get the other alone but they knew that it would have to wait until the children were in bed, asleep. There’d been little touches and stolen kisses here and there just building up over the course of the afternoon and evening. They were both so ready for the other when Tre’s bedroom door finally closed behind them.

Tres hands were all over her, eager and slightly rough but she didn’t mind, just the thought of his hands all over her turned her to mush. She was putty in his hands. She’d forgotten how good he smelt, how the taste of his skin made her spine tingle and how his body just moulded into hers.

It only took five minutes and they were complete, they were both satisfied and like Tre had said earlier, they had all the time in the world and five minutes later it all began again, this time slower, both savouring each touch and kiss, each of them lingering just that little bit longer, watching the other and enjoying so much.

Tre was desperate to tell her he loved her. It was his first thought when he woke. He’d decided that he’d tell her soon but was a little scared at what she had to tell him. He knew it was going to hurt her and he hated when she had that hurt look, it almost hurt him too.

She stirred and looked at him with her emerald eyes.

“Morning you,” she said sitting up and glancing across at him.

He bent and kissed her on the forehead, tiny little kisses trailing down her jaw line along her scar to her throat where she moaned gently. They began again.

“I like you on top,” said Tre gently stroking at her arm as she lay across his chest.

“I gathered that and I like being on top. I’m in control and have got you just where I want you,” she said smiling up at him.

He playfully slapped her backside.

They were silent for a while, drowsy, comfortable in their silence when Gabrielle suddenly spoke.

“Hey, if you make me a strong black coffee then I’ll tell you.”

“Tell me what?” Said Tre trailing his fingers along her back giving her that mushy feeling again.

“Tell you about… what happened.” She said. Oh yes, she was ready.

“Are you sure?” he said. He’d stopped moving his fingers.

“I’m sure,” she said kissing his stomach gently.

Tre got out of bed and Gabrielle couldn’t resist looking at his backside. It was wonderful and it jiggled slightly as he walked towards the bathroom door to get his robe from the hook.

“What you staring at?” He said as he turned, sparkly eyed as usual, eyebrows raised.

“Your arse,” said Gabrielle leaning up now onto one shoulder enjoying just looking at him.

“What about it?” He said wanting to smile at this woman who was staring at him as he dressed in his towelling robe.

“It has a life of its own,” she said smiling a huge smile.

“What do you mean?” He said, frowning.

“Actually… I don’t know what I mean. Just go get that coffee will you,” she said throwing a pillow at him as he disappeared out the door.

Then she lay back, thinking about their conversation last night.

He’d asked her to an awards ceremony in a couple of months. He said he wanted to take her and please would she come. Of course she would she wanted to be with him, this was what his life was all about he was famous and well known. His house was wonderful, expensive and elaborate but she was immaterial, he could live in a mud hut for all she cared, money wasn’t important to her… not anymore, just Tre. He was so important to her. She hoped he realised.

She was so ready to tell him and something else that had taken her another step forward, she’d removed the locket while she was astride him. It had hit him in the face again but this time she’d removed it and placed it on the bedside table. It was the first time she’d taken the locket off since…well, since she’d put it on.

She was ready to tell him, definitely and she was sure he’d understand. She hoped he’d understand. She wanted to be a big part of his life and she knew she’d have to do it. She was ready.

Downstairs in the kitchen, Tre made a phone call.

To Meg.

“Hi Meg, its Tre,” he said into the phone. He knew he had to tell her it was only fair.

“Hi Tre, good to hear from you,” she said but then she wasn’t expecting the next thing he said to her.

She placed the phone back into her bag and sighed. She was angry now at the way he’d treated her. He’d asked her to this awards ceremony and now he had let her down and was taking someone else, some woman who owned a hotel in England. He’d come right out with it and said that he was seeing someone, it was as simple as that, I’m seeing someone and it would only be right that I took her to the ceremony. She’d asked who she was but Tre insisted that she didn’t. She’d asked her name and he told that her name was Gabrielle Turner and that she owned a hotel in Brighton, England.

Of course she didn’t know her, how on earth would she know some woman who ran a hotel hundreds of miles away. How had he met her? What did she look like? Was she attractive? What had she got that she didn’t?

Meg needed to know more about this woman that was the cause of Tre letting her down. She went to her study and switched on her computer.

“One coffee, black,” said Tre placing the mug onto the bedside table, and then flinging off his robe he got into bed and snuggled up to her, taking her in his arms.

“Oooh you’re hands are freezing,” Gabrielle said as she snuggled back into him.

They were silent for a moment then she spoke, looking up at him.

“Do you remember me saying that when I was young I was kind of a rebel?” She said to him.

“Hmmhmm,” said Tre, “I think I remember something about you mooning and jumping butt naked into the sea,” he said once again having returned to running his fingers across her back.

“Well… I always seemed to be on the lookout for something better. By the time I was 21 I’d worked in so many hotels, learning as I went and I was convinced that life was better than just working in a hotel, working for someone else. I had big ideas back then. I decided that if I was going to work in a hotel then I wanted that hotel to be mine and not just one that was in boring old Brighton, I wanted to go somewhere else, I wanted to own a hotel in may be London or go abroad possibly. Month after month I’d have this dream but nothing came of it then… then I met someone who changed all that. He offered me a way out and I took it. His name was Rob.” She hated saying his name, she much preferred Beth’s name for him. Fuckface.

“Good old Rob to the rescue,” said Tre closing his eyes and listening to her voice.

“No, you don’t understand, I wish I’d never laid eyes on him,” said Gabrielle.

Then Tre, all of a sudden shifted beneath her, sitting up.

“Gabby can I just say something to you before you carry on?”

“Of course,” said Gabby turning to him

“I lo…”

But his words were masked because right then the door burst open and in came little Frankito carrying Gabrielle’s mobile phone and her handbag with its long straps flung over his little shoulder, the bag was being dragged along on the floor

”Dad! This was ringing,” he said holding out Gabrielle’s phone to Tre.

“That’s Gabby’s phone Frankito, what are you doing answering it?” said Tre, frowning at his boy.

“It was ringing and ringing and it woked me up.” He looked like he was about to cry; he didn’t know that what he had done was wrong.

“Hey, its fine Frankito,” said Gabrielle taking the phone from him and checking to see who had called.

It was her father’s home number.

“Its my father’s home number, I’d better give him a call, see what he wants, they’ve been away, I hope the house is alright and I haven’t left the front door open or something” said Gabrielle tapping the phone with her thumb, smiling as she did so.

Tre watched her as she dialled the number then she looked surprised as she spoke.

“Oh.. hi, hi Lorna, yes, what! Oh my god. I’ll be there as soon as I can.”

Tre noticed that her face looked dreadful as she pressed the phone.

”What is it Gabrielle?” Tears were forming in her eyes now.

“Its my father, he’s been rushed to hospital, he’s had a heart attack and I need to get back.”